• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Turns out my life revolves around "The Guide"

utcrazy

Wo ist mein handy
NLC
Hey everyone,

So the past 4 hours or so the channel guide on my digital terminal with Rogers has not been loading any data. For the first half an hour or so it was Ok, I knew what was on at 5 so I enjoyed an episode of "The Simpson's" and 'Arrested Development. I come back to the TV an hour later expecting for it to be back so I can see when a few of my favourites are on tonight, still down.

Ever found yourself exceedingly reliant on a rather simple piece of technology and when it's gone, you realize you took it for granted? I did end up forcing myself to watch the TV guide channel, even though it's extremely slow and boring. And of course, I could go to the websites of the network in question to find out when the shows are airing, in theory.

But that's not how I roll. :) By the way, turns out my favourites tonight being 30 Rock and The Office, aren't airing after all.

Have a nice day kids, I hope you say a prayer for ol' UT over this one.

Been there too. But under different circumstances, however after a while it becomes interesting!

I've had it where I accidentally turn off the receiver and then I have to wait because it has to download all the information again. It's annoying. :p

lolwut?

In this country, we have a physical TV guide, that you buy every week with the newspaper.

But I just use one on the internet.

And yeah, sucks that 30 Rock/The Office only came back for a few weeks. They'll be back in september, though.

I sold my laptop as I never used it thinking that it was quite pointless to have. As soon as I got rid of it, I realized sitting on the toilet turned into work and lost most of its enjoyment.

I have since bought an eeepc, which I am on as we speak in the middle of a beautiful park in 70 degree weather with cell phone tethered internet. I forgot how great it was to have a laptop just to surf the web again.

That, and of course, the toilet surfing.

You should make a video of it and send that to me, I'm looking into the $300 one which is just 2GB HDD and 512MB RAM but looks good. Don't really want to make a big investment.

You got me interested in the eeepc matt, is it any good?

Sorry, way late response.

Yes, I like it a lot. I wussied out and put WinXP on it because I wanted a few Windows programs. I threw 2gb of RAM in there and it runs pretty good. Its not the end-all computer, but I like it a lot for sitting in another room to surf the web. The keyboard does take a lot of getting used to, but after a while and with good posture, you can type quick on it.

Some bank is offering free Asus Eee PCs for opening an account with them. :lol:

You need to transfer a bunch of crap to them though and pay a few bills through them ;)

Back