• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Ubuntu

I downloaded ubuntu for my netbook, and guess what it CRASHED! now they hang up when i call, never reply to my emails, and ignore any support requests.

Because of them I lost everything, Never Use Ubuntu.

Ubuntu is fine. netbooks suck

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ubuntu is free, its also community supported so try asking for help within the community like everyone else, the developers are not there to help you, they are there to develop the OS.

Also coming here stating that one of the most used linux desktop operating systems is no good, is like coming here saying Microsoft windows 7 is the worst thing since 3.1 or apple mac OS can not do anything and everyone who uses them is wrong and to blind to see that it dont work.... Its just a retarded statement to make.

It's not fair you asking forced support for a something you got free. Somebody doesn't understand that. They want free stuff and then free support. That's ok if they contact the provider for a major problem. But somebody is trying to ask basic questions. That's unfair :)

And talking about Ubuntu, it's a very good OS for beginner to advanced. And it's also free. So it's better you should solve your problems with your own. If you can't search in the internet or forum. But don't send them emails and tickets regarding your problem since they offer this service for free!

Ubuntu is fine. netbooks suck

+1, I'd rather get a laptop that has long battery life rather than a netbook.

Only had one problem on my Toshiba Netbook (which I sold not too long ago because of the problem)... and that was that it drained the battery overnight about 20% over the 6-8 hours that I was asleep.

They have yet to release a fix for it, though in Windows, it works fine. It seems to be a problem with the ethernet not shutting down when ubuntu shuts the netbook down though. (However, disabling Wake On LAN does not help.)

Last edited:
WHATEVER
I have used my netbook for years and it has never failed me until Ubuntu!!!

then you got lucky. using a netbook is like me turning one of my massive dumps into a computer and expecting it not to fall apart. its bound to happen man. it was probably just a coincidence that it happened at that moment.

WHATEVER
I have used my netbook for years and it has never failed me until Ubuntu!!!

Which version? It's like saying:
"Microsoft Windows failed me".
"Which Version?"
"Vista"
"Okay, Vista Sux. Did you try Win7?"
"No."
"XP?"
"No, I used Windows Me before that".

Each exact iteration of uBuntu us different, and YES, there is some scuttle that certain builds don't really hang together.

Which version? It's like saying:
"Microsoft Windows failed me".
"Which Version?"
"Vista"
"Okay, Vista Sux. Did you try Win7?"
"No."
"XP?"
"No, I used Windows Me before that".

Each exact iteration of uBuntu us different, and YES, there is some scuttle that certain builds don't really hang together.

Thank you +rep

I downloaded ubuntu for my netbook, and guess what it CRASHED! now they hang up when i call, never reply to my emails, and ignore any support requests.

Because of them I lost everything, Never Use Ubuntu.

More fool you. Ubuntu is one of the best Linux distro ever made. Millions of people use it everyday without any problems. The fact you don't know how to install, use, or configure it shouldn't put the blame on Ubuntu. Plus, How do you expect anyone to help you when you are describing your problem as "it crashed"? Define "crashed"...

Was Ubuntu installed on your netbook before? If not, then I would check Ubuntu's HCL as its likely your netbook causing the failure.

sarah[foxlass];1108138 said:
I believe the word is "Touché"

Netbooks - The chiropractors solution to going out of business. :talk:

So basically every single computer company was going out of business, and they wanted to make something "new" to help them out?

So basically every single computer company was going out of business, and they wanted to make something "new" to help them out?

Either that, or a CEO was pressured (lol pun) by their Chiropractor to create the most terrible to use computer on the market, and then say its fantastic for students and reps, and everyone else too.

Heck, I wish I were a chiropractor now, They are having a recent surge in business. God bless ultra portable computers :fangel:

currently using Ubuntu Lucid on my new netbook.
it is sux....
Jaunty is way better than Lucid on stability wise

Back