• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Unmanaged or Managed VPS

DarkGrave

Basically, I need a VPS that has 4GB ram, the space can be as little as 5GB or 10GB. Bandwidth has to be at least 10Mbps unmetered or an allotted amount (reasonable) at 100Mbps.

Price Range: 20-30$ a month.

Sorry for that low of a budget gonna be hard, disk is not the costly part the memory is.

your looking at needing a dedicated server at that point.

You'll pay more for a managed one, but if you don't want to deal with installing and upgrading software from the command line, you may want to opt for the managed.

I assume that if you are experienced enough in managing your own servers, you can choose unamanged VPS, it will be much cheaper than managed one.

We can offer you the following two hosting packages:
Premier
Disk Space: 100GB
Guaranteed RAM: 2GB
Burst RAM: 4GB
Bandwidth: 10mbps Unmetered
IP Address: 2
Free Directadmin
$27.00 USD Monthly

Professional
Disk Space: 150GB
Guaranteed RAM: 2.5GB
Burst RAM: 4GB
Bandwidth: 10mbps Unmetered
IP Address: 2
Free Directadmin
$34.00 USD Monthly

http://my.host.beyondallknowledge.com/cart.php?gid=4

This is a custom offer so put in "Free 10mbps unmetered upgrade and directadmin" in the order comments when you order. Also, please specify if you want directadmin licensed or licensed and installed.

Here you go, the cheapest managed VPS we know of at HostDime... tell them we sent you and get 10% more off today!

VPS.1 $50.00

30GB of Disk Space
1000GB Monthly Bandwidth
768MB of Memory
2 IP Addresses Included

There a great host and co-location too!

Regards!

Hi!
If you have some technical knowledge then You can select unmanaged VPS, It would be cheap, or if you don't have much technical knowledge then you can select managed VPS.

Hello,

What are your plans for the VPS (ie, what services are you planning to run). What may be a better solution is a quality Cloud & Load Balanced cPanel service which would give you the flexibility/growth your require. This could certainly be done within your budget, however before I provide recommendations I would like to insure the service meets your requirements perfectly.

I'd like to add that "unmanaged" means it's your job to fix; the only responsibility that the host has is to make sure the server is running from their end, so basically just hardware issues and potentially control panel issues that the vendor has to get in on.

Person or a webmaster having enough technical knowledge can opt for unmanaged vps, but again the budget issue comes. The budget provided here is not sufficient for the requirements you have specified. Hence, better opt for a high customized solution or a dedicated server hosting package. Most of the providers will offer managed dedicated hosting service.

Managed VPS: Typically, the provider offers several choices (or a fixed option) among which you can select one during signup. ...
Unmanaged VPS: You are free to install any operating system on your server, and you can even uninstall the existing OS and switch to another one at any time

If you have some technical knowledge about the server, website then I will say choose Unmanaged. Def you are going to save your money. Also You will get much deep knowledge abt these technical things.many of us choosing Managed,as they don't have time and also deep tech Knowledge.
But at last, its all depends on you.
And finally, if you planned to choose Best host, then I will recommend you Hostingwebsite.io or Serverfix.in .Believe me, they are Amazing, with there quality of service and low Price.

I will explain the difference between managed VPS & unmanaged VPS in simple language. Managed VPS is the hosting type where you do not have to manage server related tasks such as managing & maintaining the server.

Managed VPS hosting

Managed VPS hosting varies from one provider to another, but if you’re not technically savvy, this “hands off” approach is your most viable option. It’s the ideal situation when you have little or no experience running or maintaining a server because the host typically takes care of software and system updates you request, and in some cases, does them pro-actively. Managed varies from one provider to another and is often referred to as a semi-managed service provider who helps you upgrade the core of the operating system (i.e. Linux kernel), but may not troubleshoot things that shared hosts would do.

Unmanaged VPS hosting

In unmanaged VPS hosting, the host is only responsible for the physical server and the availability of the server. Remember you need a vast amount of technical knowledge, and you should be familiar with the operating system and server software you choose to use. With the exception of the initial OS installation, the user is responsible for the maintenance, upgrades, and installation of software. Technical support is generally limited to hardware failure and outages, and you are responsible for backup services

Hello,

If you are looking for reliable and convenient VPS hosting services then managed VPS hosting is the right hosting environment for you. It comes with all the optimized tasks. Your hosting provider is responsible to manage your web server account.

Hey,

As per your mentioned requirements, I think your budget may vary. If you are asking between Managed and Unmanaged hosting services, then I would recommend you to go with Managed hosting services, because once you purchased the managed services then you don't have to worry about any server management and script updates. Your hosting provider will take care of all this.

Back