• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Unprofessional act by StoneRocket admins

I post a joke thread at SR forum with a title "ADULT ONLY...", which contains no adult material at all, only a link to this website (which is a normal joke on any other forums).
Dude I don't appreciate my speakers screeching like that, no wonder your post was deleted.

Really? Everyone will think differently after seeing your site... Especially after seeing the "Get Hosted" link which is pointing to http://www.somik.org/register/ :classic2:

Check out this page.... http://www.somik.org/register/order/ What impression do you get from this? Does your site looks like what you just described?

(Taken from SR's forum rules: http://www.stonerocket.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10)

Hmmm... Have you done this once or twice?

If once, then SR's staff don't even read their own rules... :shame:
If twice, then you deserve it... :angel:

That link is using THT, which came out WAY after i got banned in 2007 or 08. And it was a mistake. Thanks for finding it. It doesn't work anyway. Link and folder deleted :)

My site always has been a simple Website Showcase site. I DO NOT offer hosting, free or paid. I only offer to those who really need it (like i just offered to a guy on this forum, and he is my first hostee since 2008!).

Oh, back when i posted on SR forums, i didn't even have a webhosting offer! LOL! It was more then one year ago!

This is somak's sig: Visit my portal site at: http://www.somik.org/ or play flash games at: http://windowgate.net/

Looks like he was posting for a while and then got banned.

Somik....

And yea, it sayd "PORTAL SITE", which was my old name for my website showcase.

I was there for a month.

I was hosted by SR too. Must say i was banned in a simillar manner too. My username was (as it is on EVERY forum) somik. I did not spam. Did not post adult content, nor had any issue with any of the staff members, or normal members.

One fine day, i got a mail that i was banned from the server. It was a parmanent ban. I emailed the admin there to ask why i was banned. No reply. I submitted a contact form, still no reply...

I finally signed up with another username and asked why i was banned. They told me that it was because i had a link to my website in my signature, which was a webhosting company... Then they banned that account too...

I only joined the forum cause i was too bored and had nothing to do. I did not request any hosting either. Still if they ban people without so much as a warning, i guess they just think they are good, while in reality:

StoneRocket forums are run by cry babies...

Now i advice people i know to avoid StoneRocket hosting, along with 000web, cause they both suck.

If i really could, i would like to see the admin/mods face to face to check if they really are babies or not!
I registered here just to tell this.
You offered me free hosting by private message on stonerocket, then i forwarded it to admins. You deserved to be banned.

I registered here just to tell this.
You offered me free hosting by private message on stonerocket, then i forwarded it to admins. You deserved to be banned.

Well, somik, you really need to buy a mirror before you talk about SR, don't you? :devious2:

Now, we can see that SR does not ban people without a clear cause, right? (At least, not always :p )

when I had a post2host most ppl just did what they wanted, we let ppl rage if they wanted to as its funny to watch, however we never told anyone to GTFO, unless it was a spambot ban.

We are working on improving our services and relations with hostee`s, But theres too many ungrateful people around who bounce around from host to host that never use their account in most cases!

I think us host admins resurrect the free host`s alliance!

Another thing thats annoys me, you some some hostee`s that are very experienced in managing their hosting accounts, so you take many hours of your own free time to help them out and they decide to jump host and slag you off. I could go on with a long list of similar stories.

People you need to learn your getting a service that it free! Free hosting has evolved from the geocities days, maybe you would like it to go back that way?

when I had a post2host most ppl just did what they wanted, we let ppl rage if they wanted to as its funny to watch, however we never told anyone to GTFO, unless it was a spambot ban.

I don't do that.... Bots have feelings too :p :p :p just kidding...

We are working on improving our services and relations with hostee`s, But theres too many ungrateful people around who bounce around from host to host that never use their account in most cases!

Another thing thats annoys me, you some some hostee`s that are very experienced in managing their hosting accounts, so you take many hours of your own free time to help them out and they decide to jump host and slag you off. I could go on with a long list of similar stories.

People you need to learn your getting a service that it free! Free hosting has evolved from the geocities days, maybe you would like it to go back that way?

Isn't that the main point of post2host? With post2host, you can easily control inactive accounts, right? (in addition to getting money from the ads) I don't know how you do it in SR, but in SF, we have no problem with that...

oh yeah, we just use to ban them ones lol.
But with a msg like not welcome here.

Just keep it professional in your msg's and no one can -----.

oh yeah, we just use to ban them ones lol.
But with a msg like not welcome here.

Just keep it professional in your msg's and no one can -----.

Yeah, basically, I simply do that... just ban....

Btw, about your sig, if you have nothing to put there, you can put my site - just copy my current sig :p LOL

I actually started and ran a hosting alliance up until I left the scene a couple years ago due to health reasons.

However I have since returned and among other projects on my plate right now I've actually been considering
reviving the old alliance and bad client RBL network to track bad hosting users and the applicant verification
system we used to run. Although, I am not sure there would be any interested in bringing back any of this
by any of the current hosts out there.

However, I would agree to sponsor the project if I thought there might be enough interest though! ;)

Last edited:
I am currently busy coding on some kind of a database that could be useful for that, but my progress is rather slow...I'd be interested to join the alliance and offer the software solution once I have tested it on my server...and our server's server forever.

Back