• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

unverified paypal

You can't send money, you can't accept credit cards, and you have a low receiving limit with unverified acccounts.

Last edited:
stuffradio said:
What? Are you sure? I had an unverified account and I was able to send and recieve money... :S
I verified my account years ago when I signed up, so I can't speak from experience.

PayPal's current policy states that unverified users are unable to send money before verifying with a bank account or credit card.

They say the initial sending limit is $0, so I don't know...

Is there a limit to the amount of payments Personal accounts can send?

When your PayPal account is first opened, the initial sending limit is $0, even if there is a balance on the account. Once your email address is confirmed and a credit card is added (and the Expanded Use Enrollment Process completed if necessary), your initial sending limit increases.

Bruce said:
They say the initial sending limit is $0, so I don't know...

Thats not all true, it depends on what account type you have, personal accounts have $0, biz accounts have $500/in/out/bank. Once limits have been reached then you can only accept money.

I thought all unverified accounts were personal. :confused2

Oh well. Honestly, you should just verify your account anyway. I would never deal with unverified members... too risky.

Last edited:
Unverified accounts will only be able to send money on the first month of registration. After that you can only receive money and can't send unless you verify your account.

:D

stuffradio said:
Is there a way you can tell if a member your sending money to or from is unverified?
https://www.paypal.com/us/verified/pal=<persons_email_address>

Wouldn't it be verified if you have been receiving and withdrawing money for a couple of years?

Jan said:
Wouldn't it be verified if you have been receiving and withdrawing money for a couple of years?

No, you need to add a credit card, bank account & confirm your address via phone or post. All need to be verified before your limits are lifted & if your under 18yr this can be hard as most under 18teens dont have a credit card but I think you can use a debit card but am not fully sure on that.

Last edited:
To be FULLY verified you need to add a cc and everything else Craig says, but you can just add your bank account and you'd be fine.

I guess its diff. as per country you stay in , for unverified when it comes to sending and withdrawl limits.

Like in my part its 100$ sending and 500$ withdrawl limit, but it does not mean i can not accept money. I shall continue to accept it evenif my limits reached but i can not send or withdraw it unless I verify it, with bank account or CC and that is once limits reached.

Also, it depends on type of account i guess.
Moreover if you are looking to do business, always better to be verified.
But be cautious once you are verified. I don't think you shall forget ghosts of webmaster@freewebspace.net offering you 300-400$ for a 15 min work every 3rd day, lol

Thomas

craig said:
if your under 18yr this can be hard as most under 18teens dont have a credit card but I think you can use a debit card but am not fully sure on that.
You have to be 18 to sign up with PayPal now anyway.

Back