• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Vaio vs Thinkpad !

Back in the 1995 era, I remember some computer company, Tiger was selling do it yourself 233mhz laptop kits :)

what are the options now?

Sony sucks, and their products spoil quite quickly.

Get the IBM, one school in Singapore tried out some durability tests and the IBM was the only one who survived the drop.

trenzterra said:
Sony sucks, and their products spoil quite quickly.
Not necessarily. Depends on what type of gadget you're using. Their TVs, walkmans (ever seen a D-EJ2000? I've got one, and it's just spectacular), DVs, DCs (model DSC-T1 is awesome!!), and PSes are real nice. They're innovative in many areas, but I guess computers just aren't their specialty.

Last edited:
Well my mum had a Sony video cam back in the early 90s and it spoilt quite fast. She then used Panasonic ever after. But I prefer Canon.

Awesome monitors? Maybe for that price. But I prefer Philips as its value for $$

I have had a ton of sony stuff. Most of it, broke. Since then i have been buying Philips for audio equipment and have not been let down.

Sony audio equipment were good in the mid 90s, had a radio working for 5+ years. But their quality has since gone down the drain. Have a Sony TV too, was a free gift, came in February, but it releases lots of static and noise on startup. Aiwa was good until Sony bought them over too.

The only Sony stuff I would buy now is a Sony Ericsson.

I have a Panasonic TV and a Pioneer hi-fi right now. Had a Japan's Victor Company one last year and a Sharp 3 years ago.

Last edited:
Back