• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Vbulletin License

myBB is NOT the same as vBulletin. Although it may be the best free software out there, it is only just a match to vB 3.0 - 3.5 is much more advanced ajax wise.

vBulletin also has prestige, as Ako said.

100% agreed, it just kind of adds that little bit extra to a sites credibility. It's kind of like a web host using free billing and free helpdesk software. nothing really wrong with it...just cheapens the look up a bit

Ako said:
The reason why people prefer VB, even if its paid, not MyBB, PHPBB, SMF or any other script, is prestige. I personally when visit a new forum, always look at the bottom of it to see what forum system is it hosted on. And if its on some phpbb or mybb or other free soft, you always think that its kinda unserious, unpopular and with no aims forum which will soon die...

i totally agree with Ako. the fact that it is paid does change the feel of it. also because it is free it kinda gives it that cheap look (even though it is :p)

The reason why people prefer VB, even if its paid, not MyBB, PHPBB, SMF or any other script, is prestige. I personally when visit a new forum, always look at the bottom of it to see what forum system is it hosted on. And if its on some phpbb or mybb or other free soft, you always think that its kinda unserious, unpopular and with no aims forum which will soon die...

that's being narrow-minded

Back