• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

VM Ware Player

BananaMaster

Hey,

Does anyone have any reviews on VMWare player (Free version of VM Ware)

As i'm downloading it and will install it if theres no problems with it.

For some reason all my Linux installations break after not using them for a while (something to do with the clock).

VMware Player will only allow you to run previously created VMs. VMware Server allows you to create your own VMs, which is much more useful.

You guys are getting the different versions of VMware confused. VMware Player is the software you use to run virtual machines created in VMware Server. Both products are made by VMware, and VMware Player is free because it only allows you to run the virtual machines - and not create your own.

Hey people,

I've installed Microsoft Virtual PC and when my Live CD comes I'll choose the part that runs of a CD and I have a Virtual hard disk for it, If I click on install, Will it install it on the virutal hard disk or my physical one. I need to know as I have important files on my Physical hard disk.

VMPlayer works like a charm...

If you don't have any image yet... use this site:

easyvmx.com

And you can create yourself your own image file from that site.

Back