• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

War of the Worlds

Daniel

Megalomaniac
NLC
Breathtaking CGI/graphics/cinematics. Lackluster storytelling and plot.

'Nuff said. Decent movie, reminds me of Signs.

Ya I caught War of the Worlds last night and was met with disappointment. It wasn't horrible, but I hate Tom Cruise and thought his acting was nothing more than mediocre. The plot was written somewhat shitty, didn't follow H.G. Wells' book all that well. Honestly the best part next to all the explosions was Morgan Freeman reading a few lines at the beginning and ending of the movie.

It is not out here in the UK till the 1st July but going to see it, the descent looks good

I saw it last night.

First Hollywood movie I have seen it years too.

Special effects were okay but the plot was seriously lacking.

I saw it and it's nothing like the book. The graphics were good though. If you didn't read the book, you'll be really lost. If you did read the book, you'll be even more lost.

I'll just wait until it's available online :p

No seriously, I'll just wait till it's available on netflix.

Speaking of which, I saw a torrent for the *original* movie from the 50s (i think). Tons of seeds/leechers, a sh!tload of comments complaining about the fact that it wasn't the new one :p

If I'm going to watch a movie with Tom Cruise in it, is damn well better be Top Gun, or else I'm going to be angered.

Blank Verse said:
If I'm going to watch a movie with Tom Cruise in it, is damn well better be Top Gun, or else I'm going to be angered.
Yeah, Moonie Cruise didn't have the best performance in the movie, that's for sure.

His character was pretty much like the way he's been behaving in person during interviews in recent months.

Quite bizarre.

The special effects do not make up for the lacking storyline or the sickening imagery. I will give props to the sound though, especially since I saw this at the Herald Sq. Loews, which has kickass sound systems inside each of the 13+ theaters D:

I, like Blank, require a Tom Cruise movie to meet certain criterion before I will watch it.

It must have a topless beach volleyball scene. Maverick and Goose optional.

and if we're talking special effects, they better be able to edit the Scientology right out of that crazy bastard.

Last edited:
Back