• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Waring http://www.free-domaine.net/!

canardpress

As you may know, a new site has been started up which gives out free domains. The website http://www.free-domaine.net/ requires only a popup or popunder for a free domain. The catch, a virus. When this popup is opened it installs a virus which creates the potential for a hacker to control your computer, but is most likely used to put spyware for advertisiers or ads on your computer. I would strongly suggest you stay away from this site.

punkfan91 - Di you know about this? vbmenu_register("postmenu_542428", true);

No, I had no idea about this. How does the virus work? Is it a keylogger or something? Thanks for telling me about this, I will stop offering the domains if they are giving out free viruses with them.

By putting this popup on your page however you are effecting everyone without SP2 that goes to your site. The virus workes by automatically intalling its self.. so be careful.

I really wouldnt worry about this. Less and less ppl are using Internet Explorer which is pretty much the only browser than can be infected. Only idiots use IE anymore.

Thank you for you lovely comment domainking.. :( May I remind you that the internet is build for Internet Explorer, and that over 80% of the population still uses it. To willingly infect 80% of you site's visitors is just wrong.

We have taken down the zpanel signups for now so we can deal with the current ones. We also recently siwtched to bizari.com, so we have to change the subdomains and e-mail the users.

My site must have a smart population then, coz only 62.9% of my users use IE, which just looking at that came as a shock to me. I thought it would be 80-90, but domainking is certainly right, less and less people are using it.

And this is a good thing. As ppl realize that IE is spyware prone and slow, more and more will switch. I recommend Opera.

I recommend Firefox... too bad there's malicious code on their ads... but what really needs to be done is everyone needs to update their shit and get Firefox or Opera installed and update their security... hopefully then spyware will be a thing of the past once nobody's affected by it.

Spyware will evolve to be able to infect Firefox/Opera users... If it doesn't already.. I think in an alternative browser you are just decreasing your chances of getting spyware or a virus.

I recommend AVG anti-virus, they have a free edition which is really good. It has low system resource usage, live scanning (like it will tell you if you have downloaded a zip file that contains a virus), email scanning... And it automatically checks for updates every day, which they release a new virus database every 2-3 days.

http://www.grisoft.com/ if anyone is interested.

Yeah AVG Anti Virus is awesome. A lot better than Norton or McAfee in my opinion. AVG is very reliable and when you get a virus a popup window comes up warning you and as bozley05 said already their Virus Database is updated every 2-3 days so it's great.

Back