• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Warning: Fraud Orders

[JSH]John

JSHosts.com
NLC
This is just a warning for other hosts, I have received a payment from a new client today and a few hours later, a dispute was opened by PayPal for an unauthorised transaction.

Fraud status was 2.50 on MaxMind.

Order Information:
Ordered a reseller account for domain: fourpointone.org
Requested domain registration of: fourpointone.org

The reseller account was to be paid for one year in advance.

Client Information:
Email: rapidshares123@gmail.com
IP Address: 121.7.147.173
ISP: SingNet Pte Ltd

PayPal payment email: justin@stra------.com

Due to legal restrictions, I can't give out full details in public. I have gave out enough information to ban both the email and IP address from making orders. If the moderators find some of the information here to be a bit too much, feel free to remove it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for this John, I appreciate it. If said person signs up for my hosting I will wait a while before processing it.

We got one last night and today with someone using <insert>123@gmail.com - Signing up with our smallest package :)

Same person though :) - Doesn't help when they use a postcode for another town to what they enter.

We've got Maxmind setup with a very strict ruleset.

No wonder it is fishy. SingNet is a Singapore ISP and I don't think they have any operations in India.

Shouldn't you remove the Paypal email address they used from this post? Isn't that the email address of a victim?

Could it be guaranteed that this is truly a stolen paypal account? Perhaps this is the original owner doing this stuff. I motion that the email stays up.

I can't edit the original post but if the moderators feel this should be removed, they can remove it. At the time, the PayPal account may have still been in the hands of the fraudsters.

Hah the email address alone should have been more than enough to determine it was obvious fraud. Stuff like that just sticks out.

In all honesty, I dont even know why you are bothering with posting this. There are probably thousands of new fraud orders in the hosting industry every day. What does 1 matter?

Back