• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Web hosting TOSs

so unlimited should be replaced with "how ever much you can get with the bandwidth restrictions". It takes me longer to understand. My bandwidth is restricted.

Correct. Your bandwidth/transfer are always restricted in some form or another. As I said, unmetered bandwidth is definitely possible, but there are still limits involved.

is data transfer different the bandwidth?

Yes, they are different, but the majority of hosts simply use them interchangeably. They normally refer to bandwidth when they really mean transfer, or data transfer.

Space is really not totally unlimited but there are servers that can be 100 terrabytes, which if you offered unlimited hosting would technically work but the spans would be so large that you would have severe latency. Plus the larger drives are slower.

A host would never be able to afford a server with 100TB array in the first place. But there's still a limit. That limit is...you guessed it...100TB. :) Not quite "unlimited" is it?

Back