• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What are the top three free website hosts?

Whichever web host you select, it is essential to make sure that the web host is offering with a 24/7 technical support in order to ensure the speed and uptime of your website even in the times of high traffic.

We know why you wrote it. You thought you could get away with it, but the reality set in when you were ganged up on for the claim.

It's as simple as that.

P.S. My feelings were never hurt, not sure why that was ever brought up.

We know why you wrote it. You thought you could get away with it, but the reality set in when you were ganged up on for the claim.

It's as simple as that.

P.S. My feelings were never hurt, not sure why that was ever brought up.

Your right, I thought I was in a web hosting reality show and there was an alliance set to have free hosting provider's voted off the Island.

James-A
if your not a bot what is 24/7 technical support? Software, hardware, or NAC. Is not 24/7 technical support a premium hosting package. How does 24/7 technical support ensure the speed and uptime of your website even in the times of high traffic? Does 24/7 technical support make for the top (best) 3 free hosting providers?

@Sain Cai "Best" is a highly subjective term. Best because of uptime? Best because of speed? Best because of an enthusiastic responsive owner that cares about doing things right? What criteria were you judging them on when you concluded that they weren't "the best"?

There is no such thing as the best because everyone has different needs, making a host that one person finds amazing be absolutely awful for another.

If you really HAD to label a top three hosts of the current offerings on FWS, I would go with the top three listed on Taophoenix's board. Although the test is very basic and weighs heavily on longevity over other factors, it still shows you who currently has performed the best of the volunteer test subjects.

@Sain Cai "Best" is a highly subjective term. Best because of uptime? Best because of speed? Best because of an enthusiastic responsive owner that cares about doing things right? What criteria were you judging them on when you concluded that they weren't "the best"?
You are correct, "Best" can be interpreted in several different ways, by several different clients. For example, Namepad would be my "Best" free host as I have not had one problem with them in the 4 yrs I have been with them. For me, uptime and speed have been more then acceptable for me and support has always been spot on.

I can say a host that has been in biz for a month or so is not the "Best" as there is no track record for said host. Longevity plays a huge role, and should for anyone's interpretation of this "Best" definition. This doesn't apply only to ttb62, but to all the new hosts that boast this claim. If you remember, I created the "Note to free hosts" far before he started advertising his new website, so this "problem" has been around far longer. I state this last as I don't want anyone to feel singled out here, I will continue to post about this the next time someone comes around with a brand new host and claims to be the "Best".

@ ttb62
Try to read my reply again. I have just added a vital point(24x7 Support) which is to be considered before selecting any host.

Does 24/7 technical support make for the top (best) 3 free hosting providers?
Indeed, usually webhost offering FREE hosting services don't take technical support as an important feature.

@ ttb62
Try to read my reply again. I have just added a vital point(24x7 Support) which is to be considered before selecting any host.

Indeed, usually webhost offering FREE hosting services don't take technical support as an important feature.

24-7 Tech is good, but for me unfortunately longevity still wins out. "If the site croaks none of the other metrics matter". And lots of my entrants had 15+ hour support, but it's the durability that smoked them in the end.

I looked up the definition of entrants: a person who enters a competition or contest; competitor. Aw man I am in a web host reality show.

My free host business model class is small I can still win this. I just can't croak. Or hopefully re-spawn quickly. Its the tech support I can't get pass in presenting the free offer. I do not maintain hardware, for that matter system software. The resell has tech support. The service is on a network that has been up a while. My package does make a good starting point for new to maintaining their own website, html, php, etc. Just can't get pass presenting the tech support.

Back