• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What are you hosted on?

Archbob

Level 8 Chinese Guy
NLC
Ok, so most of us here are webmasters of some sort or other. So i'm wondering what everyone's site(s) are hosted on.

Choices are:

1) I host myself
2) Shared hosting
3) I'm a reseller
4) I'm on a VPS
5) I'm on a dedicated

If you have VPS or dedicated, please indicate what specs you box has.

I am currently hosted on a dedicated server with these specs in GA datacenter:

3800+ AMD X2(Dual core)
1 GB Ram
80GB HD
Supermicro Platform(not sure what this means)
500 GB Bandwidth
You guys?

#1/2 I host myself sometimes when I'm playing around with stuff... and I pay money /year for my shared hosting

i host myself with a dedicated i pay for. i also host multiple sites, and will be advertising when new site is done.

I host myself at my own data center based in Manchester.

I also host other peoples websites & major US & UK corporations in 70 worldwide countries, currently hosting over 3500 websites & providing more than 270 square foot of colocation space to major UK companies & professionals.

:)

I'm with Fat Networks currently, and was supposed to be footing out only half the bill, but apparently, my sidekick is backing out.

Craig, if I leave from where I am currently because of price, I'm coming your way. I've only got 30 users right now. Do you allow overselling?

Im hosted on a VPS

AMD athlon 64 X2 dual core processor 4800+ ( 50% share )
512 mb Ram ( garuanteed) and 1 Gb Ram ( burstable )
20gb Space
600Gb bandwidth.

It allows me to host all my sites/projects in one place, host some mates or projects im helping with , and hopefully having a couple of payed clients, it
is all i need :) and works well

:beer:

Last edited:
I might actually need to expand my 500GB's BW sometime later this year. But I doubt going to 1TB will cost that much more. Bandwidth is supposed to be fairly cheap these days.

I wonder if the server load will dramatically decrease once I move to the dual-core this week from the p3.

yeah it wont cost to much i dun think, to be honest with you, most providers of dedi's will offer 80gb/1000gb as their base package ( the other specs obviously vary )

Have a few power opteron servers at LayeredTech and ThePlanet.

Best spec'd server:

Dual Opteron 285 Dual Core
4GB Ram
500GB SATA X 2

Love opteron chips.

Back