• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What do most customers look for?

I kind of figured that would be one of the main questions. For reseller accounts do a lot of them wish to receive a free billing system with there hosting package?

For reseller accounts, we get asked all the time to host unlimited domains from their account.

I would expect users would like alot of space and bandwith, for example, many of the unlimited hosts are popular due to that, and people would sometimes go for metered, but large amounts!

there are many things that customer look for. provide them good service and have good payment system and have billing system too its very important.

I'd say the control panel is one of the first things people look at. It never hurts to offer one of the popular panels (Cpanel or Directadmin) because a less-popular control panel might scare people off. If it's paid hosting you are talking about, then I think one of these is a must!

Most of the clients ask :

Where are your servers located ?
Do you provide 24 / 7 support / phone support / live chat support / End-User Support ?
Staff location ?
Disk Space / Bandwidth ?
Payment method ?
Any offers / promotion code ?
Backup, Uptime guarantee, Money Back guarantee, Server Security, etc...

I'd personally say, don't judge the book by its cover is a catchphrase what isn't applied to the hosting industry.

A genuine unique look, with a solid review base and aplenty but genuine packages is a must.

I suppose the reliability and support are the key search criteria. Very many people are hosting illiterate being looking for the service for their non-internet related sites. I mean some cities, farms, plants or houses. They are professional in their business but have lack of knowledge about hosting, so they wanna be supported and professionally served.

How active is your support? we are asked. The strange question, considering it is usually asked via support, either it is a chat or a ticket.

Many people wanna have customized accounts, so they are often asking about such possibility. Some would like to know about control panels, others aboout the used equipment. Fortunaltely there are no such questions we weren't able to answer.

I'm asked constantly, "Are your prices negotiable? Can you lower them because I've found hosting cheaper at XYZ company."

I most cases, I say NO because I use SoftLayer which is considered to be a "premium" datacenter and therefore my prices are slightly higher than other places. BUT you get what you pay for. Go somewhere else, pay half the price and have your site disappear a month later or get DDoS attacked. Your call.

Next time someone asks you "Are your prices negotiable?" , tell them you don't sell potatoes. :lol:

I'm asked constantly, "Are your prices negotiable? Can you lower them because I've found hosting cheaper at XYZ company."

I most cases, I say NO because I use SoftLayer which is considered to be a "premium" datacenter and therefore my prices are slightly higher than other places. BUT you get what you pay for. Go somewhere else, pay half the price and have your site disappear a month later or get DDoS attacked. Your call.

Trust me mate, your prices aren't high at all. I am however somewhat appalled that you went went the unmetered route on VPS bandwidth.

I am however somewhat appalled that you went went the unmetered route on VPS bandwidth.

After putting my first VPS node into production, I realized that Xen does not offer any kind of bandwidth limiting functions aside from port capping. So, in essence, every Xen based VPS is unmetered and bandwidth limiting can really only be based on what speed the host sets the VPS' uplink port to.

Most of the clients ask :

Where are your servers located ?
Do you provide 24 / 7 support / phone support / live chat support / End-User Support ?
Staff location ?
Disk Space / Bandwidth ?
Payment method ?
Any offers / promotion code ?
Backup, Uptime guarantee, Money Back guarantee, Server Security, etc...

Yes, majority of my prospects asked the same questions as listed. They asked at the very first time only. When you found satisfy and confident with our service, they will make the second purchase and introduce friends to host with us.

Back