• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What is domain parking?

lewissmith20

Before I contact any hosting services provider I want to know about some of basic information like, what is domain parking? What is virtual web hosting? How do I pay for web hosting?

Thanks,

Domain Parking is placing or pointing a domain name that is not assigned to a server to a generic page.

Virtual web hosting, if by this you mean VPS or Virtual Private Server, this is an amount or piece of a full server chopped into parts of which a fake or virtual server is then ran on.
Otherwise, if you do not mean VPS, then virtual web hosting would refer to the norm of web hosting and nothing more. Just no dedicated server.

Generally hosts accept Credit Cards or PayPal as a payment system.

Virtual web hosting that is the same as shared web hosting when you and other people share sever sources and host web sites there.

Thanks for the information guys. How secure virtual hosting is as it shares with other domains? Can I use that for shopping cart site?

Thanks for the information guys. How secure virtual hosting is as it shares with other domains? Can I use that for shopping cart site?

Standard webhosting = Shared / Reseller Hosting
Virtual WebHosting = VPS (Virtual Private Server)
Dedicated WebHosting = Dedicated Servers

Standard is less secure than Virtual, and Virtual is less secure than Dedicated.

PS: If the server is setup correct that is, anyway.

Virtual hosting refers to Virtual Private Server or Virtual Dedicated Server (depends of the firtualization technology). In general they are all secure. VPS is an isolated container / instance and its owner has a full access to it, including root access.

I am getting confuse. Please be more specific. Do I have to change my domain if I get a new host? What is the cost of dedicated web hosting/server?

Smith

As rule that is not hidden information and that one is on the web site of the web hosting provider and you need to check that in the list of the features with web hosting plan. If that is not listed you need to ask web hosting provider.
But as that was said not only web hosting provider give you this ability with specific services you can have that cheaper , of course all depends on the goals you have.

Share hosting or virtual hosting is secure like VPS. only difference is server resources are shared in shared hosting like RAM, CPU cycles. For shopping cart application implement https, and in your hosting space keep an eye on security.

In VPS - Virtual private server you are dedicated with portion of server resource.

Domain parking is the registration of an Internet domain name without using it for services such as e-mail or a website

It's much better to use a 301 redirect instead of parking because then you won't have an issue with duplicate content (for SEO purposes).

The domain would not be used as a domain name of one site at present,so you can park it to your primary domain name .while you typing in the parked domain,you can access your website also.

The domain would not be used as a domain name of one site at present,so you can park it to your primary domain name .while you typing in the parked domain,you can access your website also.

And I think it will shows content of the parked service like SEDO or something like that.

Back