• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What is the best blogging software?

netnexus

I don't care about whether or not you have to pay for it, I am just wondering what the best blogging software is?

Right now I'm looking at boastMachine, it seems quite cool, but are there any other more fully featured weblog softwares?

Thanks.

Something tells me that this is the wrong forum but I could be wrong.
WordPress is used often and its a great blog script considering that its free. I use my own script based from tutorials, so much more customizable :p

It depends on what you want from a blogging software. Do you want something very easy to use? or that doesn't matter? what do you want to be able to do with it?

I like using blogger.com (with w.blogger). Sadly I'm finding blogger to be down more and more when I try to publish. I may switch to wordpress.org

Wordpress seems awesome.

Just 1 Q: Is there any way to put HTML into writing? I cant seem to include a google adsense code.

You shouldn't put stuff like adsense in posts... do it in a header, footer or sidebar file. You'll find them in /wp-content/themes/[your-theme]/header.php, footer.php, and sidebar.php

StaticAnthony said:
Wordpress is the best one to run, they have a great community and especially because it is free.

Does Wordpress have a community similar to Live Journal?
What features would entice someone to abandon Blogger?
Does Wordpress have features that are better than Blogger's?

What would be the reasons someone would leave Blogger for a different type of blogging software?

rhianna said:
Does Wordpress have a community similar to Live Journal?
What features would entice someone to abandon Blogger?
Does Wordpress have features that are better than Blogger's?

What would be the reasons someone would leave Blogger for a different type of blogging software?

Wordpress is just software, while Live Journal provides both their software as well as a hosting service.

Why did StaticAnthony say,
they [i.e. Wordpress] have a great community
? How can software have a community or did StaticAnthony really mean technical support as opposed to community?

I currently use Blogger. Is there a software out there that I should switch to?

I would assume he means technical support.

Last I checked, wordpress didn't offer anything similar to what livejournal.com does.

Back