• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What is the definition of an active member?

deanhills

I've just noticed in the stats at the bottom of the Forum Index Page that active members are distinguished from the total membership:

Members: 87,363
Active Members: 1,959

I'm curious as to what the definition of an active member would be from a stats point of view. :)

The default on vBulletin is members that have visited the forum in the last 30 days, assuming Peo didn't change the default. He should be able to answer definitively.

That stat looks really poor! :cry2: as only 2% of registerd members are actually participating.

Considering that we've been in business for more than 11 years (+ several years with other forum software), I think it's great.

Well i guess it is all how you look at it. As i have noticed the forums have been really slow for posting as of late.

Activity is always lower this time of year. The stats in the admin show number of posts per day has been stable over the last year.

Merry Christmas everyone!

I would say, during the time when mtw was active here, this forum is much more active!
Everyone is posting reply non-stop and keeps refresh those thread that mtw posted in to see what new jokes is mtw is telling.
:p

Well i guess it is all how you look at it. As i have noticed the forums have been really slow for posting as of late.

Not "All Forums"!

I just discovered DonationCoder.com and they found a neat idea, to have their resident coders produce new apps for Jan 1 of each year. They're hopping! I posted a few things, and several times on a hot thread it would tell me "7 other people have replied since you started typing, are you sure you don't want to read their replies first?"

Back