• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What would you do?

Should I just get a UK trademark? I think, after looking at the costs, I would consider the UK trademark.

GBP £200 to apply to register a UK Trade Mark; this includes one class of goods or services
GBP £50 for every other class you apply for,
A trademark is better than none and if i were you i would get a copyright as well :)

You should. If you get the $450 off him, he'd then register it, and you're the one who's lost. If you take the $450 you could get from him and register it as a legal entity before him, he's screwed and can't touch you.

also:
I shouldnt have to pay a
dime. Id rather have you paying us for damages, legal fees, and
releasing the domain so maybe we can still recoup a profit on it.

He'd have to pay anyway, only if you lost the case would you need to pay, but he'd have to pay. Also, ICCAN rules say you need to pay both half of the fee's, if you're disbuting a domain.

You should. If you get the $450 off him, he'd then register it, and you're the one who's lost. If you take the $450 you could get from him and register it as a legal entity before him, he's screwed and can't touch you.

also:

He'd have to pay anyway, only if you lost the case would you need to pay, but he'd have to pay. Also, ICCAN rules say you need to pay both half of the fee's, if you're disbuting a domain.
Exactly so do it now :)

Don't worry about anything. He does not have any legal claim so your fine. Just ignore him and move on :) Also, everyone above is right. He would never recieve $30,000 in compensation for damages or rewards by the court.

So just relax, and ignore him.

He's probably bluffing, but once again, trademark the name just in case. Whatever, I doubt you really need to worry about this... Sounds like a good game of poker to me.

Back