• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What's wrong with this deal?

franglo

You know the saying, if it's too good to be true, it is...? Well, I spotted this page on my travels, and the deal looks awesome. So I'd appreciate it if some of you hardened cynics picked holes in it for me. To be available at this price, there's got to be a catch, and I know you guys are the people to spot it for me.:) This may only be a new account (I'm stupid, I forgot my password to my old one) but I am well aware that you guys can tear a dodgy deal to shreds in mere seconds. So please go for it, and tell me why this is a bad idea.

http://chargertek.in/linux-reseller.shtml

Now, this domain was only registered in February by someone from the States, and expires next February, which is sending a little warning bell off in my head, because it doesn't exactly fill me with confidence that these guys are in it for the long run. But, I might just be being overcautious there.

Apart from that, any signs that I should be upping my budget and going elsewhere...? All thoughts appreciated. :)

Franglo,
I KNOW you have nothing to worry about with chargertek.com or chargertek.in. Either one is the same company.

The company started in 2001 and has grown every since. Expanded really - with chargertek.in. But they are still the same company that is based in the US.

I know this cause my friend of (25+ years) owns that company and works his butt off to make it successful.

Sure there pricing is cheap - but if you look at price and say its dirt cheap for the features you get - well pay them more! I am sure they would appreicate it! :)

Also with such inexpensive pricing - what do you have to lose?

FYI: I actually own Impact Global Communications, LLC - which supplies web development, web marketing and windows hosting.

Thanks,
Adam

Wow, I never saw those kind of prices for those kinds of plans. But yes, ChargerTek is a very well known company. So, they stand behind their word. I'd say go for it, goodluck. :)

not to bring this up cheif and off the topic.. but your link to your site doesn't work :) The one used for choose us!

Thank you very much; I usually don't use that link. Okay okay; I'll fix it really soon. :)

Nothing wrong with the deal, unless you want Private Nameservers with your Reseller Account. Which will cost you an extra $4 to $6 dollars, depending on how you apply the price structure in their listing. But still a good deal if your needs are met.

almost everyone here seems to be fond of chargerteck, but if you really look for objectivity just go to some other forums and ask this question. If i was thinking of choosing even a low-price host, I'd do research on him. It's not the question of money, you''l have to invest a lot of time and skills in it, and if all goes down the drain...

almost everyone here seems to be fond of chargerteck, but if you really look for objectivity just go to some other forums and ask this question. If i was thinking of choosing even a low-price host, I'd do research on him. It's not the question of money, you''l have to invest a lot of time and skills in it, and if all goes down the drain...
Well because ChargerTek was one of the best host here... and one of the most reliable too.

Can any reliable host beat ChargerTek's reseller prices?
I am concidering getting a reseller plan with them also.

If you are looking for reseller accounts which you can count on for the long term, you don't go for a 2 USD plan. It's for sure. 2 USD for a reseller plan is simply beyond ridiculous.

makes you wonder, but people here are giving them good reviews it seems.

If you are looking for reseller accounts which you can count on for the long term, you don't go for a 2 USD plan. It's for sure. 2 USD for a reseller plan is simply beyond ridiculous.

no I am not him..

how he doesn't I don't know.. But can say he is making money doing it. He does have a large following that supports him and has many customers.

So I can not answer that. :) but I will answer the fact should he go with chargertek yes!

Thanks,
Adam

no I am not him..

how he doesn't I don't know.. But can say he is making money doing it. He does have a large following that supports him and has many customers.

So I can not answer that. :) but I will answer the fact should he go with chargertek yes!

Thanks,
Adam

From what I can tell, that small group of followers are wanabee reseller hosts and young teenagers, probably due to the low low pricing and seemingly attractive MSN/AIM chat and forums.

In anycase you have 2 dollars to lose by trying them out, they might as well host you for free. Go ahead.

Back