• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

where are the TRUE Budget accounts?

UTguy

I've noticed that most web hosts will say something like "Budget" or "Beginner" account and it has 200 MB and 10 POP3 email accounts for, let's say, $9.95 month.

What's so budgetary about that? Who needs 200 MB? That's a huge web site. It took me 3 years to hit 20 MB on my personal web site and I added to it almost daily. And if I'm doing an informational site for a small business who needs 300 MB and 10 POP3 email accounts?

Where are the web hosts that offer 5 or 10 MB for $2 or $3 a month? That's budget. I know that amhosting.com has a 5 MB, one POP3 email, for $2.95/mo. Does anyone out there know of any other web hosts like this? Most web sites I build for clients will never take up more than 10 MB. UTguy http://www.DzineMaster.com

Hi there!
Its true most people never need that much space..but they THINK they do and feel like the bigger plans are the best way to go!

Why most hosts don't offer $3 accounts:

1) Not worth the trouble for $3
2) Support costs exceed $3
3) Credit card processing fees leave the host with even less.

Some do offer it, but how hard would you work for $3/mo?

Hello
You will find a lot of these plans from UK hosts.

I thought about offering a $36 plan but it would have to be paid yearly to keep the processing charges down andI was worried about being swamped, so I shelved the idea.

Gordon

Originally posted by Synergy
I'm planning on doing it... offering $2 - $3 a month can end up to big bucks in the long run. :)

Try it on a limited basis first. After processing fees, you'll get a bit over $1.50/mo for the account and due to support required, these could be the most expensive (cost wise) plans you offer. :)

not bad

leeuniverse, that worldzonepro.net looks like a good deal ... where are they located? UK? Thanks, UTguy

clarification on sub-domains

I'm not clear on what a sub-domain is. Is that a way to host another domain (completely different dot com name) on your account (since I have 100 MB) or is a sub-domain going to show up as a sub-directory of the mother domain (ex. http://www.fortbendtexasexes.com/anothersite ? Thanks in advance guys. UTguy

Back