• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Which hosting will be good for an e commerce website, Dedicated or VPS web Hosting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saul1

I am making an E-commerce website, I want to make it live soon, so can any one suggest me whether I should go for Dedicated Web Server hosting or VPS Hosting?

I think a cheap Dedicated server is the best option that you can get for your Ecommerce website. A Dedicated server will provide you with more data transfer to access your visitor flow. It will also help you with good security to provide protection to your website data.

Well I would say shared hosting if you start fresh and upgrade to VPS when your website outgrows what a shared hosting offers you, anyway to answer your question I would say the VPS.

Well I would say shared hosting if you start fresh and upgrade to VPS when your website outgrows what a shared hosting offers you, anyway to answer your question I would say the VPS.

I second that opinion.
Unless you plan to do a big-bang start with a huge marketing campaign and you expect a lot of traffic / sales in the first months you will be fine with shared / cloud hosting.
Upgrade later as your traffic and sales increase.
Start small and scale up so you can always be within budget.

As long as your budget is good, I recommend dedicated server or go for Cloud VPS hosting instead of VPS Hosting as it easily scalable.

It depends on three main factors:

1. Website traffic
2. Code optimization
3. Server optimization (using Nginx, varnish caching, etc)

It is entirely possible to only have 1 visitor on your website and your VPS becomes overloaded due to poor configuration of the script, having 1,000 products on your main page, etc.

I would ensure that wherever you go that you have a managed VPS or dedicated server so that they can analyze your usage and make system level tweaks to improve the performance of the website.

It is very important for an ecommerce website to choose a good ecommerce server for hosting. Before starting any ecommerce company one has to know that where to host the company and how to host the company. There are having two most popular web hosting in that each hosting is offering a different level of independence, shared hosting and VPS hosting are two hosting which are best for ecommerce website.

Nothing is the best but your choice is the best

if you have a big shopping website you can go with dedicated Or Vps but if you still baby on this way you can go with a shared web hosting or small vps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back