• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Which IM do you use?

Which IM's do you use?

• MSN Messenger

Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Yahoo Instant Messenger (YIM)

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • AOL Instant Messenger (AIM)

Votes: 7 29.2%
    Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Google (Gtalk)

Votes: 9 37.5%
    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Gadu-Gadu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • XMPP (other than Gtalk)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • IRC

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

RadixHosting

The question is simple:

Which IM protocols do you use for personal/business purposes? Please check all that apply. :)

I know IRC isn't really an instant messenger, but I still put it on the list. If you use it frequently, just check it. :) I also know AIM and ICQ use the same protocol, but just check AIM if you have an AIM account and/or ICQ if you have an ICQ number. :)

Please also share with us which you are using for personal purposes, and which for business purposes.

Thanks for voting!

Btw, I use MSN and IRC for personal stuff. I use AOL, ICQ, Yahoo, Gtalk, MSN and Skype for business purposes.

EDIT: By the way if you use IRC, please specify the networks you're on. I usually connect to FreeNode and EFNet.

Last edited:
GTalk, AIM, and MSN. Occasionally IRC. All put together in the pulchritudinous application that is Pidgin (GAIM).

Misread and voted too soon. Pidgin, but all protocols bar Skype, Gadu-Gadu, XMPP (other than Gtalk), IRC.

Mostly IRC for me. I'm on Rizon almost 24/7~
I login to Y! once a week, and MSN, like once a month~

Back