• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

which one is better Zimbra or Google?

vikasbook

Hi I am confuse on using zimbra email software of Google apps services. Can experts give me advise on this? should I go with Google as its brand of internet world or should I go with Zimbra as they have good feature but I don't have any better feed back for Zimbra :confused4

It really depends on whether you want control over your data or not. If you trust Google, then their e-mail might work best for you. Otherwise Zimbra is a good self hosted solution.

Another plus point is that Google mail is on Google's widely available cloud service...meaning that you're less likely to have downtime or speed issues.
But we all know how Google loves to push new interfaces down to us :p

With Zimbra, the quality of service is more dependent on who actually is providing the service - so pick your service provider wisely.

For the majority of people (at least, on this forum) Google Apps would be a better solution.

Google apps requires minimal configuration, no RDNS changes for your IP, and more importantly; it's free.
However, it's free up to 10 users - Need any more? Then it's time to weigh the two up.

Zimbra is free, but it does require paying for the hardware it's hosted on.

To understand where I'm coming from, try and work out how much it would cost to plonk 1000 users on a cheapo dedicated server with Zimbra vs. 1000 on Google Apps.

Well, you don't need a hosting service when use Google Apps, and Google Apps has free for 10 accounts so it's total free if you have less than 10 accounts :D And You don't have to worry about server, security... when use Google Apps ;)

So Google Apps is the best choice at the moment :D

What do you mean by zimbra I dont know what is it if it is search engine than definitely Google is best than the zimbra

What do you mean by zimbra I dont know what is it if it is search engine than definitely Google is best than the zimbra

http://www.zimbra.com/

From their website:

VMware Zimbra is an enterprise-class email, calendar and collaboration solution, built for the cloud, both public and private. With a redesigned browser-based interface, Zimbra offers the most innovative messaging experience available today, connecting end users to the information and activity in their personal clouds.

Back