• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

WHMCS or HostBill?

See Below

• HostBill

Votes: 14 15.7%
  • WHMCS

Votes: 75 84.3%

• Total voters

treznax

Just wondering what you feel is best to use.

Right now, I am more to HostBill.
Why: Cheaper; Free live support module; Seems to have more features being built in quikcer than WHMCS is doing so; Something different

Against HostBill: WHMCS is more well known for reliabilty & stability.

I feel that WHMCS is the best billing and support system to use. We've been using it for years and are very happy with it.

if u guys willing to help develop the ErisCart, i'm sure ErisCart will be as good as these 2 hosting billing system too
lol

I would like to vote WHMC for billing and support, and in general you will be satisfied with the WHMC help-desk.

WHMCS no doubt about that. Years of use and haven't found any good alternatives yet other than Ubersmith (which has jumped in price lately).

I would go for WHMCS if it is a heavy business and you want more features.

Hostbill would be good for small business and need to balance their website, it will be far greater. It is also more cheaper in some cases.

Hope this helps.

treznax are you killing solid-state again then if your looking for a new billing software?

@JJW
since u mentioned solid-state, i went and check it out for its recent news.
it seems like they just updated the codes at june 2010.
seems like solid-state is not dead yet.

when CS Squad just started, we used solid state for the 1st 2 weeks, then only switched to WHMCS.
anyway, it is a good script.

We have been using whmcs since 2007, but we wanted to try hostbill, but they refused to give us free license for few months to officially try out their software.

Whmcs is the best billing software, and would suggest you to try whmcs. :)

Last edited:
Been using whmcs for years....once you understand it you dont look back.
Also with the new addon modules api changes in the V4.4 you will see an increased quantity of useful modules for it.

I approached with same question a while back with an open mind. I gave every billing software a spin and ended up liking WHMCS the best. Although I did like Clientexec user CP but everything else lacked. WHMCS is the way to go.

I've been using WHMCS like many others do. It is an excellent piece of software. I've tried HostBill's demo and I must admit, it looks very promising. However, it seems to have some room for improvement as well. I hope it catches up with WHMCS quickly so that we, as the consumers, have more choices. :D

Back