• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Why you choose free hosting to make sites?

babalala

why?

Have you think about it?

I have applied many free hosting acounts, most of them have been down.

Why I applied for them ? At first I was a student , so I had not enough money to buy a hosting , I choose a free hosting to make my site , from then I studied some knowlege about php script.
But then I had not my site , that I think is good .

When I decided to make a good site , I choose a php forum script to do so, but after I builded it and had make a lot posts , the free hosting down for a long time , my site also down , I had not bakup the data. It was really a bad thing.

Now I have buy some paid hosting , and they are stable and fast , but I also like find free hosting info , why , my god , it became a habit to me to apply free hosting ..

I believe that can only pay a return, they dare not return to pay it is very difficult .
So I donot apply any free hosting now!!!

Like you've mentioned in your post, not everyone can afford paid hosting. Some of us are just students who cannot spare that extra cash for hosting.

Also, paid hosting is not necessarily more reliable than free hosting, although it's logical to assume so; sometimes, however, free hosting can be much more dependable than paid hosting, if the owners are devoted to maintaining the host.

When first starting out, I would suggest a free site. There are several that are stable, you just have to do research and not go for the ones that offer ridiculous amounts of space and transfer that opened the week before.

When I first started making websites, there were few hosts that offered php for a forum, and most I saw had very low space/transfer. Course I went to the highest provider, as I admit I did host shady things when younger.

Now I do my research and have a provider that offers me stable and reliable webhosting (namepad). I have 'cleaned' my act up and know what I cannot host and know that bigger is not always better.

Eventually I know I will have to go paid, as my RPG will take off when I get to finishing it lol

On paid topics, that can be just as sketchy as some free hosters. Sure you can pay 1$ a month for 50gb space and 1TB transfer. How can the host afford that, I dunno. I had experiences with some now gone hosters where I paid 50$ for hosting, only to have runarounds and then get double space/transfer and a reseller for the price to be down and gone a month later.

Regardless on whether you get free or paid, I suggest doing research and knowing what your site generates for traffic so you can make more informed decisions. I personally dont see why you would need 50GB/500GB for a site that takes 25mb/5gb

Last edited:
I don't know why, but I'm just loving to use free host for my sites.
Sometimes free hosts are faster and more stable than paid one.

I have some paid hosts but I'm still using my free host since the server location is near me (2 years using free host)

It sounds like you got screwed. I can't say that's necessarily rare in free hosting, but there are so many good free hosting choices that it is really possible to avoid. I encourage you to try again with a quality host - you might be surprised at just how high quality the free hosting experience can be at a good host! :)

Some people either cant afford, or have no way of accessing the standard payment methods.
Some people dont want to pay for hosting just to experiment in web site making.
And of course some just use free hosts because its harder to track who they are with no payment method and they just wanna do some thing shady :/

If one can't afford to pay, its natural to opt for free hosting. And some times, some people do use free hosted accounts for SEO benefits.

on web hosting business paid is not always better than free in my opinion.some free hosting providers really do good job and give you many abilities to administrate your web site..

It is important to backup your files, I do that every 4 weeks (maybe I should do it every week or 2 weeks though)

Back