• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Will the ASIA users ever stop signing up?

tshark

My hosting company is mainly supporting USA websites only, but I find that I constantly am denying accounts that have the area code: +86 as their contact info. It's starting to be a pain in the neck. I already banned all the ASIA ip ranges I could find from accessing my company, but I still am getting some. I was wondering if anyone else is facing the same problem as me. Thanks for any input.

- Todd

Most of instant activation freehosting has same issue with you.
Ipban actually does not be much help. proxy is common in china.
english only does not much help too.
uploading simple english index pages and redirect to main other site is common too.
this will be better in a year or two as the economy of china grows more and more.

Do you have in your TOS that only specific countries can join? Or is it based on English language only sites?

tshark said:
My hosting company is mainly supporting USA websites only, but I find that I constantly am denying accounts that have the area code: +86 as their contact info. It's starting to be a pain in the neck. I already banned all the ASIA ip ranges I could find from accessing my company, but I still am getting some. I was wondering if anyone else is facing the same problem as me. Thanks for any input.

- Todd

I love the good chinese clients I have.

:beer:

Well I am Asian, Singapoean, and why do you wanna ban us?!:p

Lol, seriously, I do speak English. Dont ban Asia, since Asia is not chinese-only.

Seriously, Asia doesn't mean Chinese...i get offended by such remark...my pal here speak more than just chinese...some even know French etc...

well most of my classmates knows many european languages and some speak english better than british people

royals said:
well most of my classmates knows many european languages and some speak english better than british people

Yeah... Ok then :p Carry on smoking that pot.

Im banning Asia, because my advertisers only will pay us for USA customers. And most botnets that try and sign up hundreds of accounts come from Asia. I have nothing against asians, its just our advertisers will overlook all of you. Also, yes it is in our TOS. It has nothing to do with what language you speak, it has to do with where our advertisers see our users are coming from.

Last edited:
I myself do not host non-english sites just for the reason i cannopt drift thru them to see if they are doing anything against the law. Granted i do host 2 asia sites. One being a car club in singapore and another being a personal blog.

I do not have instant activation so i do not get flooded with request.

China has a huge market and as was stated thier economy is growing. They just need to get thier own "free hosting" industry up and going.

Look,

What we do is specify that we only allow European Languages and English on our services. We also demand that anyone wishing to receive free hosting from us, must post their application on our forums. That way, they must fill in information we look for, such as their location, site language etc. We do get a few Chinese Languages sites trying their luck and quite often we get suspicious about others, so, we check them out before giving them anything.

all asia? how many japanese use your hosts?
france and german is not same country. It's nonsense.
similar face but, totally different country system. democracy vs communism.

Last edited:
cnhacker said:
wtf??
I cant find TOS about english only or whatever in your site.
where is your TOS?

is it? there is no language restriction in there.
http://www.synced.org/modernbill/order/template/wizard/includes/AUP.html

Cnhacker you can find it here (the link is on our main page):
http://www.synced.org/modernbill/order/template/wizard/includes/AUP.html

I made an error, I meant to say we only allow North American users because of our advertisers , so please dont get bent out of shape over all of this and accusing me of being prejudice. And uglycn, your post has no relevancy to this entire thread, it doesnt even make any sense.

Last edited:
hosting-shack said:
royals said:
And just what might be the intended implication behind that remark?

Let me ask you - how do we judge the quality of spoken English ?
By the accent ? By the skin colour and facial features of the speaker ?
Or by the words that they speak ?

Do you know that the curriculum for English language being taught in many Asian countries is at par with that of native English countries ?
What makes you think that an Asian person speaking better English than a native English speaker can only appear plausible to a pot-smoker ?

xd3vilx said:
Seriously, Asia doesn't mean Chinese...i get offended by such remark...my pal here speak more than just chinese...some even know French etc...
So very true. China only makes up a third of the total population of Asia.
India, with a population about as big as that of China, is also an Asian country - but not many people seem to know that :p

The thing with the Chinese wanting free hosting and it being problematic is that some of these Chinese customers are legitimately looking for hosting. They are looking for an outlet to express themselves (without having to spend).

To counter this however, there are the plain fraudulent Chinese sign-ups that you have to worry about. The issue with signing *any* of them up is that these turn out to be "empty" visitors as far as Google AdSense goes (if you use this as your main revenue source). You can expect your account to be suspended if Google believes your site to essentially promote click fraud in some way or another.

Roj

hosting-shack said:

Actually, this is a proven fact that non-english people who can speak fluent english do speak better english than the english, and yes i am english

Back