• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Will this kill me?

Tracker

PROFILE NOT FOUND
Staff member
NLC
Bought this as a pile of parts and a frame... in 2 days I got it running and almost road worthy. Waiting on a couple of parts to wrap everything up...

But will it kill me? :p

1981 KZ750 bored to 836cc stretched 12 inches

59896_481335995774_503030774_7333622_2561119_n.jpg

From the side

59896_481336000774_503030774_7333623_7065326_n.jpg

The first time starting!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOL_xjtqf4g

Nice Gasoline Guillotine you've got.

I dunno, depends how good of a rider you are. A bike that's bored over like that is not for beginners.

Though so far my only experiences with riding a motorcycle have proven that I should not attempt it. First time I sent the motorcycle up the barn wall because I shifted wrong, second time left a gaping hole in my leg that produced a decent sized scar. And that wasn't even driving it on the road yet. Fortunately it was a cheap little Yamaha. I don't remember it's capacity or any of that. I just know it was old and when my dad rode it he couldn't go faster than 55 MPH cause it didn't have enough power.

Last edited:
Looks bad ---.

I'm probably going to try and buy a bike soon. I've been saying that for >1 year, but hopefully I'll be able to afford it soon. Maybe a Honda CB599 or a Kawi 650R.

I learned on a Kawi 500R, it was easy as hell to ride. I have good balance. I'm not overconfident or anything, it was just easy.

My mom wants to get a Honda Shadow Phantom 750cc ... my dad some kind of cruiser. I like the Shadow Phantom a lot actually, I'd ride it even though I'm more of the naked sportbike type like what you have.

[edit]
Specs say it's got around 55hp stock ... on 474lbs ... You'll be fine. Bored over it'll still have less power than a CBR600, R6, ZX-6R, or GSXR600. I bet it'll be fun as hell to ride, though.

Last edited:
Looks pretty dangerous, don't picture it handling well, particularly with the stretched swing-arm. Just take it easy and learn it's limits.

Of course that's coming from someone who rides a Hayabusa with 182 horsepower at the rear wheel :D

I biked up the coast of Vietnam on a russian Minsk over the course of a month and nearly died a few times... the roads there are crazy. Pretty sure it was built in the 80s too.

That bike of yours looks fun as hell. 840cc is a lotta power.

if it kills you, then it will just make you stronger...

oh, wait, no, thats not how it goes. F*ck it, do it anyways. :D

Lol I learned to ride on a 250 dual sport bike and this is the first bike of this size I hage rode. I got it tagged and all yesterday. Rode it a few hours then went to bed woke up at 10pm and rode it to work lol.

As to the comment about not as much power as other bikes... I didnt want something to break a land speed record on lol

Lol I learned to ride on a 250 dual sport bike and this is the first bike of this size I hage rode. I got it tagged and all yesterday. Rode it a few hours then went to bed woke up at 10pm and rode it to work lol.

As to the comment about not as much power as other bikes... I didnt want something to break a land speed record on lol
I would have gotten a 500 to learn on. You can't really go on the highway on a 250 ... at least here, the highway is the main way to get around. And since Atlanta is actually a multi-nucleic cluster of small cities banded together inside I-285 (circular perimeter highway), there's no police enforcement on the highway (well, very little) because 2-3 exits later and they're out of jurisdiction. So everybody cruises around 80mph.

Well so far I have put 150~ miles on the bike at both highway and city speeds and have yet to hurt myself. Its a whole lot of fun to ride around town :)

I was gonna get a 500 but then I lucked into this bike cheap and thats why I went with it.

Back