• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Windows Updates

Darko

ok, so i found out that my ISP is blocking any link with the word update in it, witch makes the browser returne an Access denied page on every link that has that word, and since i'm running XP SP2 on both the laptop and PC i had to find another way to get the updates for windows.And after presenting my dilemma to the almighty Google, i had my answer http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/index.html
direct links to windows updates, if anybody else is having the same problem here's the solution

I have hardly used windows updates on my pc and that is one of the reasons for not having any software issues with my computer.I never recomend to respond to windows update as most of the time its the root cause of all software issues in the computer.That's what I feel about windows updates.

most of the programs in the world have vulnerabilty in them that alow hackers to exploit the program and hack your computer, so these updates are critical to avoid you being hacked

Thanks but there is nothing important on my computer that can or will be hacked.I mainly use it to surf the net,that's all.I found windows update to be troublesome than being helpful.

Give your ISP a telling off for being silly.

Unless they have a 'really' good reason for that block. Or maybe you have some AV or other program installed thats blocking it.

Have a look at the normal ones like in windows\system32\drivers\etc look for a 'hosts' or 'lmhosts' file and see if there are any entries (don't worry about the ones that have .SAM or any other extension)

i already did that, there's nothing in those files, plus i tested the connection on both the laptop and the pc, same problem.I asked him about the problem, he didn't offer any explanation, he just told me that if i ask him to remove the blockade at a certain time, he'll do it, i asked hime a couple times, nothing happens, and that's why i started looking for alternatives

Back