• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Woot! I got Gmail!

trenzterra

NLC
Taken from my blog:
EXCLUSIVE: Me has Gmail!

Today I logged in to Blogger to make some minor changes to the template, to make it CSS valid. All thanks to the post 'unlucky day' which I reposted with a diff time but same date, thanks to some new features.

To my surprise, I saw a little link sitting at the right side, asking me to beta test Gmail. Now don't go rushing creating Blogger accounts, it seems that only a selected few get them. My friend does not get the link!

I quickly made an account and got 1000MB of space, almost a gigabyte.

To my surprise, GMail looks very much like Yahoo Mail and emails can be deleted (although it tells you not to). I could empty the trash can.

It's very very nice for a BETA, with only a few things funny, like the starred section where the message is cut off and not wrapped. And never once did I spot an ad, which is something they should add soon.

I know you guys are dying for screenshots, and since there's no Non Disclosure Agreement included, I'll show them.

Link to screenshot haven: http://home.pacific.net.sg/~furrypandy/myalbum
( http://trenzterra.yupapa.com/index.shtml )

Very happy with it, have anyone else here tried it?

Look! It's email! On a website! Congratulations on being part of this lifechanging event. </sarcasm>

I have it. I'm slowly sending my "collection" to my Gmail account just to fill up space... :D

Actually, words don't get cut off in the Starred section for me. I'm using Firefox.

You get AdWord ads when you're reading your e-mails.

Last edited:
I heard GMail invitations can fetch up to US$40 and every GUser can send 2 invitations. Hmm gonna Ebay them.

I don't see what the big deal is.

Infact, I hate web based email accounts, I'm a pop3 person myself.

Not necessarily. I have been using it for a few days now and I still can't invite people.

Well hurray for everything :rolleyes:

congratulations on...getting an e-mail account...that must feel really weird, as not many people get to have one of those.

also, congratulations on spamming your blog...we all cared about it.

First, I am pretty sure GMail has been offered to all Blogger users.

Second, I personally am sick of reading posts about your personal possesions.
I don't care about your grades, your post count, your hosting plan, your GMail account, or anything else you have aquired.
End of story.

kthxbi.

wow.. i got that account too .. man, its excited .. glad. . i think i wont be fall on my bed tonight .. well, its just great , as trenzterra said, i login to my blogger account and i show a small link there . and i just try to click on it .and its work.. woofoo ~!

jmiller said:

I don't care about your grades, your post count, your hosting plan, your GMail account, or anything else you have aquired.
End of story.

kthxbi.

I agree...although I believe that applies to everyone who does this.

now ... trenzterra i don't think it's that decent to sell something which is supposed to be free in the first place. You got it for free, at least give the invitations to some of your friends if you don't want to donate them to others.

jmiller said:

End of story.

kthxbi.

Thank you jmiller. I completely second your motion.

Jmiller, it is only offered to all active Blogger users, not everyone, as you said, has it.

And you could choose to ignore me or all my threads if you wish, I have a right to post, you have a right not to read.

I don't think anything is wrong posting about your joy.

Last edited:
Back