• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

x10 down!

See, many servers were down from 5 minutes to even 2 hrs. This is the news around many of the webmaster forums. I think there has been some problem with the datacenter (the planet) networks.

aaditya said:
See, many servers were down from 5 minutes to even 2 hrs. This is the news around many of the webmaster forums. I think there has been some problem with the datacenter (the planet) networks.
yes, there was a major network outage at ThePlanet datacenter in Dallas and there are still some routing problems, but they should fix it very soon

That's right. ThePlanet's UPS in one of the section went offline. They are trying to keep things running but many servers are down. Most of them should be up by now but not all. Just be patient... Even for a free web host, occasional downtimes are inevitable.

Basically, several hundred servers went down at the same time and many of them are web hosts. Thus, all the websites went down together. I supposed some big websites are involved in this outage as well. My websites went down too but I was lucky. I only experienced 1+hr of downtime. Some servers are experiencing up to 4hrs of downtime.

The worst part is some guys lost their google ranking too, because these high ranked sites where google bot always visits were down for 2 hr and the bot thought site was gone. So it removed the cached pages. Months of hardwork lost in just a matter of hrs.

aaditya said:
The worst part is some guys lost their google ranking too, because these high ranked sites where google bot always visits were down for 2 hr and the bot thought site was gone. So it removed the cached pages. Months of hardwork lost in just a matter of hrs.

wow that's some serious stuff :eek2:

Back