• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

xenForo it is!

Peo

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
The process of moving over to xenForo will start soon. Expect some downtime.

Please let me know if you spot anything weird after the move. I'll be working on those things asap. Thanks.

And we've made it to xenForo. I'm working on some problems. Feel free to test things out and let me know if you spot something.

Love it!!

The style is apparently missing the ability to mark the forums read. Every forum is showing up as unread, so it's impossible to see where new posts are.

I like it too. Just a lot of new things to learn within the admin.

You can mark all forums read by going to the top navigation - Forums - Mark Forums Read. Then the forum book icons will have 'no text'.

Also, not sure how you feel about it, but I have removed all the "Latest Profile Posts" or whatever it's called, on my xF forums. Just seems silly to have that on the front page.

Let me look into that for you. I don't remember how I did it. It was so long ago. Ha ha!

Also, the new posts are still impossible to see. I noticed the text bolds slightly, but not nearly enough to be able to tell the difference.

fws.png

The Feedback forum is the one with the unread post. Can barely tell the difference between that and the others.
Also, when you go into that forum, there is nothing to distinguish (at least from what I can tell) which post is actually unread.

fws2.png

And when uploading files, the Thumbnail, Full Image button is completely unreadable unless you hover over it.

fws3.png

I'm sure all those things can be changed in the style.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll take a closer look at all of this shortly. For now the icon is how you see if a forum has new posts.

fws5icons.png

Thanks for the feedback. I'll take a closer look at all of this shortly. For now the icon is how you see if a forum has new posts.

Oh that was stupid of me...I see the difference now that you point it out. :D Ha ha!! Thanks!

It took me a while to notice it too. :)

Thanks, I'll try the widget framework.

Here's the tiny icon to indicate new posts within a forum:
fws26.png

Last edited:
That will take a while. :) The frontend inline moderation looks easier.

Back