• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Yahoo offering domains for $2.99

Web Hosting and Merchant Solutions discount offers are open to new customers that purchase Web Hosting Starter or Merchant Solution Starter plans and apply for 3 months after which the then current monthly or annual fees will be charged. Domains, Web Hosting, and Merchant Solutions discount fee offers expire on and must be redeemed prior to 3/8/2006. No other notice of the expiration of this Offer will be given. All offers are open to new Yahoo! Small Business customers only, and are only available through Yahoo! Small Business. Customers are limited to one Offer per customer on a single account for customer's own purchase only and is non-transferable, and may not be combined with other offers and discounts, exchanged or redeemed for cash. Other terms and conditions apply; see the Yahoo! Small Business Terms of Service when you sign up. Yahoo! expressly reserves the right to change the price or features of these services in its sole discretion at any time.

Don't want to forget the fine print! :)

The fine print is just there for security, most of the time your okay. But you are right, always read the fine print.

But I have to say that I am satisfied with their domain name service as several clients and even myself have purchased domains from them and we've had nothing to complain about.

They didn't complain when I changed mine. At that price I couldn't justify GoDaddy's rates which are also cheap.

Did anybody know that Ipower does domains for $2.95 the first year or $5.90 the two first years or $14.15 the first three years? The three year one puts Yahoo domains at the back of the room.

sEp said:
Did anybody know that Ipower does domains for $2.95 the first year or $5.90 the two first years or $14.15 the first three years? The three year one puts Yahoo domains at the back of the room.

Not really, yahoo offers 8.97 USD or 3 years and for four years 14.95 USD :shame:

Romeo18 said:
One question. Will they allow you to change the name servers?

Strange why would they not allow u to change namesevers ? than what is the purpose of buying a domain ?:biggrin2:

Aren't they losing money? I thought it cost $6 to register a domain with ICANN. The only way they can hope to see profits is to charge exorbitant renewal fees.

I registered a domain with Yahoo, not for the price, but I THOUGHT I would get good support! I paid $13.00 for a yr of registration of the domain (with private registration) from Yahoo, and it took almost 2 WEEKS to get nameservers registered for my domain!
I think they hire 5th graders to do handle their tech support! They created my nameservers WRONG, TWICE!
I finally had to go to Godaddy.com and register a different extention to my domain and use it for nameservers, because Yahoo couldnt get it together! And, when I would call them about it, I got Jed Clampet on the phone that knew NOTHING about domains, or how thyey even worked!

Bottom line: If you only need a domain for a personal site, then Yahoo MIGHT be ok for you. BUT, if you need the domain for anything important, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY!

I registered a domain with Yahoo, not for the price, but I THOUGHT I would get good support! I paid $13.00 for a yr of registration of the

Well, if you equate price to support and service, then these people http://www.yournamefree.com/ynf.html must provide service via a silver platter. Either that or they are trying to take advantage of really ignorant and gullible people by referrering to 'paperwork' in a domain reg. I admit that GoDaddy does generate quite a bit of paper but it at least it is for reading on sleepless nights only.

Back