• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Your current browser!

My Firefox has gone whack.. I could only run it in safe mode, I deleted the plugins/extensions and then it worked again.

trenzterra said:
Currently using FiahFox0r 1.0.2

Is that new? Never heard of that one? Maybe it's some branch off FireFox? :D

it should also be noted that *nix and things like firefox are patched completely differently to m$ products, in that exploits are fixed usually within 24 hours of them being found - m$ take 2 days at least, and sometimes up to a week after the vulnerability is widely exploited, not when it's actually found - usually.

Yep, but Microsoft still has the better auto updates and notification schemes. You have to wonder how many people are still using FF 1.0.1

Heck, I still have Netscape 4.73 and it's better than the both of them.. albeit little slower initially loading up. IE loads up fastest for me.

Firefox as my IE is down, whenever i close one IE window, all of them will close as "I get the Microsoft has experienced a problem." message.

jmiller said:
I'm sure Hoth's problem is related to his machine, and not the browser itself.

Perhaps, but it's been on two computers and three operating systems I've noticed it, even if moreso on the current computer/OS. And this computer and its OS (Mepis Linux) are about two months old, with everything else working right. Might be some plugin though, since it's fine until I venture onto pages I'm not familiar with.

eL.D1n1 said:
Opera 8 Beta

I would like it if only it had an easy intuitive equivilant of Firefox's ctrl+T (and also ctrl+click for that matter). I suppose there's probably somewhere to change the key combo that I've been too lazy to find, but the default in Opera required holding down 47 keys at once.

Last edited:
Ctrl+N does the same as Firefox's Ctrl+T. Ctrl+Click works in both Firefox and Opera. Ctrl+Alt+N does the same as Firefox's Ctrl+N.

It's not that different, you just gotta remember to press N instead of T and you have to get used to the fact that Opera uses on one window (default).
I would like it if only it had an easy intuitive equivilant of Firefox's ctrl+T (and also ctrl+click for that matter). I suppose there's probably somewhere to change the key combo that I've been too lazy to find, but the default in Opera required holding down 47 keys at once.

Did you hear that news: developers have announced, the current Mozilla 1.7 version will be the last despite the wide availability of a 1.8 beta version. Their main focus is on FireFox browser and Thunderbird email client

Back