• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

123systems.net closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chirantha

I bought hosting from 123systems.net last week... there server now has been down for over 7 hours! Have they closed down?

Ok this is bad

Right, I bought the large hosting package from www.123systems.net paying 30.95 via Paypal. After around 10 days I noticed my website is not visible. After contacting support I was told that the server went down for maintenance but oddly the FTP,CPanel of the server was online!

Two days later, again the same problem but this time CPanel and HTTP were not working! CPanel kept throwing 400 attempts to create a session failed... 500 Internal Server error.

On both occasions I used Host-Tracker to check the status and the error was "Connection Refused". Finally I created a host tracker monitor which can be found at http://host-tracker.com/website-monitoring-stats/5067241/lvuc/

I've asked www.123systems.net to change my server but that is yet to happen.

I would dispute the paypal transaction since they are refusing to even acknowledge that there is even a problem. This says one of 2 things... 1) The support and maintenance team are pathetic and cannot work their way around a server, or 2) They don't care.

Please excuse the bluntness, but well, web-hosts have obligations to their users too. :)

Other people have been reporting problems with that host as well. Might be a good time to salvage what you can, stop payment, and then find a different host.

Site is working. Something is wrong with their server where your account is hosted. Try to call them is you can't get in touch with them via email or helpdesk

I was hired to do some minor work on their main (and only) web client server. The server was a wreck and they didn't pay me for the work after I was done. I would get out as fast as you possibly can.

I was hired to do some minor work on their main (and only) web client server. The server was a wreck and they didn't pay me for the work after I was done. I would get out as fast as you possibly can.

Nice try? We don't hire anyone to do work for us. We do it ourselves. we check this forum frequently so don't think you can say stuff like this and get away with it. If we EVER hired anyone i would be the one to do it (CEO), And i have not authorized any work to be done outside of our technical staff. Therefore your statement is incorrect and needs to be removed.

The issues with web01 were not as simple as everyone might think they were, iNodes were low, Drives on the main server were failing. We had to fly in staff to the DataCenter to resolve the issue before the drives completely failed which is why it took a few days to finish the work. We requested that the DataCenter technicians swap drives for us but they would not do it. So we flew one of our System Administrators up there to fix the issue.

@OP

The web01 issues were resolved quite a few days ago and i think your questions were resolved via Support Ticket.

@Ruriko

We have excellent uptime on the VPS Nodes, Thank you for sharing that as well :)

Last edited:
what kind of datacenter are you in where they won't take $70 dollars and go swap a drive. I think if i were 123systems i would go find a new dc

what kind of datacenter are you in where they won't take $70 dollars and go swap a drive. I think if i were 123systems i would go find a new dc

It isn't that simple either, The DataCenter does not carry the drives the server required (i wouldn't say required, but the ones we use) on-site, nor did we have spare drives at the DataCenter. We Overnighted a Drive and it was there the next morning, However we did not want to put all of our trust into the DataCenter Technicians who could care less about the crippling drive, So while the drive was in-transit. One of our system administrators was in transit as well. The switch over went smoothly and got done quicker than we expected as well.

However i do agree with you about moving data centers ;) But this is already planned and we have it worked out. We are moving the webhosting nodes to Fremont,CA shortly. We have server(s) already there that we are going to switch all the data too while the nodes are in transit to the datacenter so everyones site stays up.

/me slaps 123Systems around with a bit large trout.

You almost gave me several heart attacks! :( Fact is! the transaction with 123systems.net is my VERY FIRST internet transaction in my LIFE and I was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

I need to say something here... my first attempts to make payments failed due to local exchange laws (in Sri Lanka, we are like pigs in a jail). Then 123systems.net gave me a account FREE! but I rejected it coz I was really adamant in making a PAYMENT and getting a account (What is the point of having money if I can't buy what I want). Heh.... Billing people at 123systems.net were like "WHAT?!?!"... lol I mean who rejects a FREE account like that!?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back