• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

1800 Number

.Andy

NLC
NLC
We offer a 1800 number for our clients. Do you and if you do do you recive many calls. I haven't recieved 1 call on our hotline for my extension however I dont know about anyone else on our staff.

Although we don't offer a toll free, we have been receiving calls at the wee hours of the morning (international customers) more than during regular business hours.

imo, having a number is a good thing in terms of support since customers will appreciate that there is a number if a problem arises, however it may be costly so not such a great thing in terms of the host..

especially the international calls that can eat the minutes.

I dont understand why do they like having it it they dont use it? I want to answer a call and checkout our system. I dont even know if My mic works.

We don't use a toll-free number for that exact reason. Customers don't ever seem to call us. Most customers now prefer to either use live chat or submit a support ticket.

Although it is nice to show that you offer toll-free support, you just need to think if it's worth it? I honestly don't think it's worth it if most people prefer support tickets and live support on the site.

Based on my experienced with other hosting companies I've worked with and for; the local number always get more calls the famouse 800 for some reason.

I have been interested in getting a Toll Free number.. Anybody have any recommendations? Don't need a lot of minutes. Just like 3 or so extensions and an automated main menu would be nice

Run your own pbx box and have the toll free trunk routed to you and you can have as many extension you want.

Last edited:
Based on my experienced with other hosting companies I've worked with and for; the local number always get more calls the famouse 800 for some reason.
That could be because a lot of people now use mobiles, calling toll-free numbers always costs a lot more than local numbers.

[JSH]John;944588 said:
That could be because a lot of people now use mobiles, calling toll-free numbers always costs a lot more than local numbers.

Well that would depend on who your main clientell is. We have less local clients then we have main clietns right now. However that will Change once our commercials start to air.

Last edited:
When I ran DWH we never had a toll free but a local contact number..and surprisingly enough we got a fair share of calls from local and national customers (we were located in Ontario and people called from BC).

I think it certainly does help build the customer's confidence.

heh we even got some cold sales calls.

Ring Central however I dont recommend them. There support is going on 24 hours to respond to my help ticket.

Back