• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

2 Issues: Removing a 301 Redirect & Hosted by past host still

TaintedPearls

I was hosted with a company and I used a 301 redirect on it. I never removed the redirect once I cancelled hosting and now I want to remove the redirect. I tried editing the htaccess and it works fine when i use m site url without the www front of it. Is there a way to get it to stop redirecting the www url as well?

also for another site that was hosted by the same host, it's saying that the site still exists. I've changed the nameservers a couple months ago but the site is still coming up. It's not doing a 404 or anything. I parked the site but the actual site I had is still showing up. I'm still getting emails regarding new members for the site. It is a fanlisting site. It even lets me log in to approve the members but I can't login to the cpanel to see what's going on with the site.

can anyone help me with this problem or know anything about why it would do this? i've tried clearing cache, doing a dns flush. i have the results of a tracert and it goes back to the old host.

I can only suggest contacting the old host and getthem to clear out their DNS entries of anything referring to any of yours.

Change your DNS settings on your domain by hand. Perhaps there's still a trace of the old host in the entries.

I can only suggest contacting the old host and getthem to clear out their DNS entries of anything referring to any of yours.

i have no contact info for the host because when i go to their site, the support page is giving a 404 error.

Change your DNS settings on your domain by hand. Perhaps there's still a trace of the old host in the entries.

how would i do that?

Who was your host before and maybe someone here might know how to get a hold of them :)

You have to go to where your domain is hosted, and change the DNS entries, it's usually named as "Advanced DNS".

The old host might have 'untidy' DNS and have entries still existing though, I've known it to happen and it baffles the bejezzus out of folk...

Back