• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

A board host that lets you choose your own smileys

TRUNKS

Something
NLC
The subject says it all, does anyone know of a boardhost that allows you to use your own images as smileys?

Once again I mean remotely hosted.

Aimoo's the best. They allow you to customize your board's emoticons, but you need some money:

http://www.aimoo.com

I have a question, Akalon. How do you customize emoticons when you host them yourself? Do you have to overwrite the current images they have by uploading emoticons with the same filename? I've never hosted a board before and I am interested in trying.

Originally posted by conkermaniac
Aimoo's the best. They allow you to customize your board's emoticons, but you need some money:

http://www.aimoo.com

It's not a free service then... :rolleyes:

I have a question, Akalon. How do you customize emoticons when you host them yourself? Do you have to overwrite the current images they have by uploading emoticons with the same filename? I've never hosted a board before and I am interested in trying.

There is usually a control panel that will let you modify stuffs for your board. Very nice.

A control panel? Really? Many board services that host YaBB boards have the typical YaBB control panel. However, there's no image customization to be found anywhere in there. I inquired about it, and they barely knew what it was. They have to actually CODE the thing into the software. Does YaBB have an image customization menu by default?

BTW, the guy didn't ask for a free service. :)

Ahh, yes Ezboard...

...but you have to pay for that service, dont you? You can have custom posticons, but not smileys. :(

A control panel? Really? Many board services that host YaBB boards have the typical YaBB control panel. However, there's no image customization to be found anywhere in there. I inquired about it, and they barely knew what it was. They have to actually CODE the thing into the software. Does YaBB have an image customization menu by default?

I'm using Burning Board and you can delete the default smilies and upload new ones, set the code for each of them (like :blah: will bring out a smilie), etc. I love Burning Board although there're quite a few noticeable bugs that I'm annoyed of. :mad:

BTW, the guy didn't ask for a free service. :)

This is the Free Services forum, right? ;)

No, ezBoard is a free service. They allow you to customize BOTH your posticons and emoticons. That was a recently added feature, so I'm not sure if you have to pay for it or not.

The link to Burning Board: http://www.woltlab.de

I just double-checked. It costs money to use custom Posticons on Ezboard.

I went to images and it said This is a CSC feature only. Click here to sign up.

And to sign up it costs money. :(

Last edited:
i think the boards over at gamers.com allow you to choose different sets of emoticons..

Aha! Ok, I found a YaBB that actually lets you 'censore smileys' except there isnt the option to click on the smiley and it appears, the user has to type it in.

OpenBB doesn't look too good for me. What separates it from the competition?

1) It's free
2) It has basicly all features that other boards have
3) It's free (yes, I know I repeated that :) )

Back