• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

A little but annoying problem..

Hi,

I'm having a little play with apache on an old, spare computer of mine.. i'm just having a few files linked to a webpage but whenever i click on the link, it would complete the download but the image will be a quarter done and the rest is just black (not thumbnails or anything, a full .jpeg file) but when i open it on the actual computer its fine.

Or, for music, it would download the whole .mp3 but it plays the first 2 seconds and then repeats for 3 minutes. It does the same thing on the host computer through the browser.

Is this a problem with an apache setting or is it the host computer?

I would say that someone is obviously practicing voodoo magic on you and your apache installation, look for a good witch doctor......

It looks like you have some wrong settings in apache. Can you post your httpd.conf file her so we can take a look at it.
It is also possible your computer is to old. I once tried to install apache on an old 286 pc. And that also gived me some onexpected results.

Back