• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

A Simple Guide to those making a small website.

albert_chu

Hi,

This is just a simple guide for those people who are interested in making a casual/social webpage.

1. Firstly, you want to figure out what you want in your webpage right?? so make you pick something that will keep you interested so you will keep updating and such..for example..if you were interested in photoshop and graphics, making a website thats all about your own work will be something you can always keep updating.

2. After you figure out what type of website you want, you now decide whether you want it to be done via flash, html, dhtml, php etc. For those who are interested in animation and multimedia/sounds..it would probably be better to use Flash, however most viewers would prefer as little flash used as possible due to page loading time etc. if you are not as experienced in flash, you can make a simple javascript or HTML website which easier to update with.

3. Now it is time to decide on what your website will look like. This is very important because people tend to judge websites by the look of it. Draw a template of your website on a piece of paper with the types of images/text in the area you want them to be. Now it is time to draw up a website structure plan. This is where you decide how many links you want, and where you want each page to link to.

4. Its now time to make your website. From here on, depending on what type of website you are making (html, flash etc..) you choose a specific software to create your website. For example, Dreamweaver, Macromedia Flash, Photoshop, Paintshop Pro etc.

I hope this guide has helped you. Goodluck on your website! if there is anything that you are not sure or unclear about, or if there is anything that i missed, please feel free to ask questions or email me at albertc@m6.net.

Back