• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Adsense -- Can't all be bad ...

AdSense is not good anymore. it is a waiste of money and it brings a large number of untargeted visitors.

I think you must be thinking of Adwords, adsense is the publishers side of the application, Adwords is the advertisers side.

I'm tired of people thinking that adsense sucks. Your account is suspended only if you break a rule! They don't go through and think "Alrighty! Who shall we ban today?".

LittlBUGer said:
Adsense and Google have always been good to me. I wouldn't be able to afford my server without them. :)
You put too much Adsense unit in your website.It may caust many unvalid click.

You put too much Adsense unit in your website.It may caust many unvalid click.

I'm not doing anything outside the bounds of Google's policies. Those ads are my sole revenue to keep my server alive anyway. Plus I haven't heard any complaints from my users nor have I had any issues with Google in the past 2+ years I've been with them. So I'm happy with how they are now. :)

Adsense isn't bad at all. Sure; they're very strict - but click-fraud was their main flaw. If they didn't start being strict then Google wouldn't be where they were today.

I currently get around $10/day in adsense for a site that costs me $10/month - which aint bad at all. They're by FAR the highest paying publisher.

If you break a rule; you'll get banned. Simple.

Adsense isn't bad at all. Sure; they're very strict - but click-fraud was their main flaw. If they didn't start being strict then Google wouldn't be where they were today.

I currently get around $10/day in adsense for a site that costs me $10/month - which aint bad at all. They're by FAR the highest paying publisher.

If you break a rule; you'll get banned. Simple.

How in the world are you getting $10/day for a site costing only $10/month?! My dedicated server costs me $350/month and I only make around $12.50/day in Adsense! If you have secrets, I need to know, lol. ;)

How in the world are you getting $10/day for a site costing only $10/month?! My dedicated server costs me $350/month and I only make around $12.50/day in Adsense! If you have secrets, I need to know, lol. ;)

I don't think the price you're paying for hosting has much effect. It's going to all depend on your content and your visitors. If you're getting high-paying ads to static HTML pages, you don't need as many visitors or much processing power. If you have low-paying ads on a dynamic site, you'll need a lot more visitors and a lot more server power to match the former site's Adsense earnings.

And then your site, with all the downloads, is naturally going to use a lot more bandwidth and require more money per month than a site that just offers text-based information.

Google adsense is very good. They've never let me down and as long as you never break any rules, you wont be banned.

I'm not doing anything outside the bounds of Google's policies. Those ads are my sole revenue to keep my server alive anyway. Plus I haven't heard any complaints from my users nor have I had any issues with Google in the past 2+ years I've been with them. So I'm happy with how they are now. :)

Actually you are, you're only allowed 3 ad blocks on each page, and you have 4 on the first ... most likely on the rest too ...

I am not sure why anyone has more than one ad unit anyway, those I have seen that have them all over, show the same ads as the others. :S

LittlBUGer, how long have you had four? You might be the next one who complains that google shut you off for no reason ;)

I've been with Google Adsense for over 2 years and have had the ads like they are now (or similar) for about 1 year. Their policy states that you can have up to 3 text/image based ads, 1 ad link, 1 Google search, and 1 of each referral button on a single page. I just happen to have them all on the same page in a manner (at least to me) that really isn't too distracting to the user as all of the main data and navigation is in the "center" while the ads are on the outside with each of the ads blending into the background. I tend to see the same ads in the different banners sometimes, but not all of the time. A lot of the time, one or two of the banners will have an image-based ad while the other(s) will have text, so there's various things to choose from if you wanted to click on them. :)

OK, here's what their policy says, straight from their web site:

Ad Placement
  • Up to three ad units may be displayed on each Web site page.
  • A maximum of two Google AdSense for search boxes may be placed on a page.
  • A single link unit may be placed on each Web site page, in addition to the ad units and search boxes specified above. Link units are considered to be 'Google ads' for purposes of these program policies.
  • A single referral button per product may be placed on a page up to a maximum of 4 buttons, in addition to the ad units, search boxes, and link units specified above. Referral buttons are considered to be ‘Google ads’ for purposes of these program policies.

OK, so I was wrong on two things: 1.) You can have two search boxes, 2.) Only a maximum of 4 referral buttons can be on any one page, so I'll need to fix that. Otherwise, I'm in the clear. :)

Last edited:
I don't mind spending the money they send me and have sent me for about three years :banana:

Back