• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Alex Online 4.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well first its looks too 'kiddy
2. may be u can make the frame thing disappeared and none scrollable...

HeHe

It's Alright :)
BTW: links DO WORK
just that F2S.com is slow currently mine just takes 4 mins to get there.. hehe

a. A lot of links DON'T work.
b. Way to bland, and I mean bland.
c. Times Roman sucks, use Verdana, Arial, Helvetica or Tahoma
d. Make real thumbnails instead of making image attributes smaller. It takes so damn long to load on a 56k.
e. LOADS of spelling that needs fixing.

Who cares if your 12 years old. I'm 15, I'm still considered a "kid" to many. Yet my sites don't have that "kiddy" look to them.

You want your site to NOT look kiddy.

Heck, I'm 13, and I still like baby stuff, such as Pokemon. And I even made a site about them (now screwed up). View it at http://www.pokenet.netcabins.com. People said they liked it, and they didn't say anything about baby looking ;)

Personally I like it. Simple is stunning if you ask me and I get paid to do this stuff :)

The only suggestions I have is on the main page make the bottom frame abit taller and non resizeable and you mignt want to change the link color to like white or a cream color the big bright green does not fit in to well.

Other then that it looks good so keep on keepin on I say and good luck.

Originally posted by Devine Kos
Personally I like it. Simple is stunning if you ask me and I get paid to do this stuff :)

I'd like to meet these people that pay you to do this kind of stuff ;)

Originally posted by Alex

BTW: should i use phpBB or VBB?? i got both of them full versions...

Sounds a lil fishy that a 12 year old will have a FULL version of vBulletin.... How'd you come up with $160?? Mommy and Daddy buy it?? Or did you get it from a warez site?? Seems strange that a personal website would about a copy of vBulletin... Especially since the person is 12 years old.... and has a mediocre website...

Get my drift...

Sorry for my concern -- I'm a paying vBulletin license holder... Just seems strange....

According to Chicken, use phpBB and delete VBB now. You go Chicken! BTW, I just checked out phpBB and it looks pretty nice for a free product.

Prolly been said before

[1] The default font type means...blah...
[2] Version 4? Well, that's a nice name...
[3] Links don't work.
[4] Make the frames non-resizable and push it up. I can't see the links below...or maybe you intended it that way. ;)

Erm, these are only what i could think of right now...heh

Hey Nick I would be happy to give you a tour of my clients websites just let me know when you want it. I have all the the contracts and photocopies of all my checks if you would like to see them as well. On a final note try not to judge when you yourself have not been judged understood ?

Originally posted by Devine Kos
Hey Nick I would be happy to give you a tour of my clients websites just let me know when you want it. I have all the the contracts and photocopies of all my checks if you would like to see them as well. On a final note try not to judge when you yourself have not been judged understood ?

You know you are one ****in pain in the ass. You can't take a joke, you can't take advice, you can't follow the rules. All you do is bitch bitch bitch and act like you own the god damn place, and you've only posted here for a few days. ;) Means a joke, UNDERSTOOD? No shut the **** up and stop running your mouth.

I am the one breaking the rules ? you're joking again right ? And who cares how long I have been here does it make me less entitled to my opinion then you "oh god of message boards ?" As far as you first reply to my post goes I took it as an insult as that is what it seemed to look like to me but even at that I did not personally assult you by cussing you out. Now if you would like to continue this fantasy of yours then I would be more then happy to give you my real address or you can give me yours so we can settle this matter in a different way. Let me know what you decide there nick cause it does not matter to me either way.

It looks far too plain and simple.
Text shouldnt be centered, green clashes.
As some of the people mentioned earlier it does look like a kid designed it.
You want to try to make it look like an adult designed it.
Wish I could show you the sites I made when I was 12, they were rather simple by todays standards, but still much more complex than yours, if you are just starting out and you are tring to learn, then thats great. But try and learn to make more adult looking sites, unless its targeted towards kids.

As for the vBulletin being warez. Although that may be quite likely with him being 12. I had alot of money when I was 12 and would easly be able to afford that. But as you mention for a personal site, he should have gotten a free message board. If he did buy it, it would be such as waste.

Design - it's ok but very simple needs jazzing up a bit.

Warez - I've reported you to vbulletin and freedom2surf.

Have a nice day.

firstly, you have already broken the law, if your 12
Alex Online Message Board COPPA Policy
All users under the age of 13 must seek permission from their parent or guardian in order to gain membership of the Alex Online Message Board forums. While we welcome participation from members under 13, we require that a parent or guardian fax or mail back a signed permission form before we grant membership.

If you would like to start the registration process prior to us receiving a permission form, press the Agree button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, press Cancel to return to the forums index.

A copy of the permission form can be downloaded here. For more information about the registration process, or the Alex Online Message Board forums in general, please send email to Alex88@HappyPuppy.com.
and try http://www.freewebtemplates.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back