• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

ALL FREE is BAD?

umm lets see i have been here since mar 2006.

and the only "Free" host still around that i know off are.

Zac
Dayu

And also i might say I have the greatest respect for both these guys. Good providers,good bussinesman, And just downright good people.

Now dont get me going on whom i have no respect for...

Granted i dont visit this section much since i stop doing the free host thing.
But yea if they say "No Ads No post". Then chances are they will not be around for long.

Thanks Frank. :classic2:

Zac

sphosting has been here since 2000. Not many can claim that ;)

SPHosting was a very reliable when I had them, Stu runs a very smooth service. The support was also very prompt.

Now that I think of it I have had a hellava lot of free hosts since I started in 2001. Perhaps I should start a review site lmao :lol:

There are some outstanding free hosts, some decent free hosts, and some horrible free hosts. To answer the original question, no, not all free is bad. :)

Chris

SPHosting was a very reliable when I had them, Stu runs a very smooth service. The support was also very prompt.

Now that I think of it I have had a hellava lot of free hosts since I started in 2001. Perhaps I should start a review site lmao :lol:

There's not much to review about though, since almost everyone died, except for some zombies (new host names with same lame services) around. :p :D

Out of all the free hosts i ever used the ONLY reliable ones i found were.... freewebs and the yahoo geocities because they acturaly spend money on decent servers and dont oversell like crazy... you get adds but you get best free hosting avaliable

Out of all the free hosts i ever used the ONLY reliable ones i found were.... freewebs and the yahoo geocities because they acturaly spend money on decent servers and dont oversell like crazy... you get adds but you get best free hosting avaliable
Those 3 are not the best free hosting available in my opinion, however they are the longest free hosts around. Those hosts are mainly meant for simple HTML pages and images, other than that you can't do anything else much. To put it simply, they are meant for small sites only.

There are many good free hosts out there which provide features such as PHP, MySQL, email addresses, etc. Many are not reliable, however there certainly are some which can be trusted to last long. Examples of such hosts are ZoomCities and Fine Spot Network (Water Seven).

To the OP, you are just unlucky to have chosen the wrong host. In fact, it might even partly be your fault. You might have went with those overselling free hosting providers, or did not research much about the host before you went with them. I wish you all the best and hope you can change your views on FREE.

Http://www.awardspace.com

GREAT, No ads. 100% Uptime. It's great. I've used it for quite a while, although its not like learning to ride a bike, as FreeWebs or Geocities is. You have to know a little about hosting. Piece of cake.

As for me I don't trust any free hosting. You may try it for getting maybe some web hosting experience or running a homepage. But not for a serious business.

Http://www.awardspace.com

GREAT, No ads. 100% Uptime. It's great. I've used it for quite a while, although its not like learning to ride a bike, as FreeWebs or Geocities is. You have to know a little about hosting. Piece of cake.

100% uptime? Hmmm...there is really no such thing. Yes, there is 99.9%, but 100%? Eh...maybe, but not likely at all.

Chris

it is possible to have 100% up-time as long as u use the phrase "100% up-time so far" but if you go around saying 100% no matter what, its just not possible.

Its possible to have 100% uptime however I don't think many sites mention how long they have had that happen for it could be per month or year. Therefore the 100% uptime could be during your stay there.

Back