• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Anyone from Geekrack listening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, my sympathies for you and your family over your loss.

Look forward to some good news today then Shequeita now your back, I know Chad is sales (so confusion over why he's replying to technical tickets at all) COO was Stephen, lot of nice titles but nothing getting done unfortunately.
In the meantime I still have to tell my clients that we're no further forward.

Even stranger then as he responded to the ticket!

Chad
Posted On: 09 Apr 2008 11:04 AM

Jeez this gets worse, there seems to be the one and only 3rd line, and no sign of a 2nd line support (or a 1st for that matter).

But if you don't access tickets how could you help :wink2: (and I never use IM's for anything business).

Sheq needs some 2nd/3rd line support help that is allowed to do the job. Meaning access.

Hey Decker,

Sorry to hear that you have become the latest victim of issues with GeekRack. It seems more an more clear that there staff practices and position names/description of jobs is not properly explained followed by micromanaging.

Hopefully this gets corrected. I would love to have confirmation on the whole closing of servers being sold but seems that question was skipped on answering.

Me too. Stephen said he'd be more than happy to answer any questions regarding this, I replied within minutes of receiving his email and have no reply yet.

What I want to know is if the server charges will remain the same or go up. Also I still need the login information from BurstNET so I'm able to login and send a support ticket to get the RDNS I requested from GeekRack that wasn't applied.

I hope you get your issues resolved Decker but their support has became none existent this past week. It was good before Shequeita went away for a few days. Probably because she was around to tell the support staff to get to work. :p

Plain and simple.
It's sad that Shequeita experienced a personal loss recently. But, if there are staff there, why are they not doing their Jobs? MTC, a *cough* doesn't answer questions or resolve issues.

If the service you are spending money on is doing nothing to help, just leave and spend your money on a service that works and actually cares for their clients.

It's obvious from this thread and threads in the past that GR staff are simply, despite the fancy Titles, not doing their job. That simple.

I do hope there is a recovery, as having dealt with them (mainly Shequeita) it's been pretty much okay, some downtimes and problems.

I had hoped they would flurish as a good host (regardless of all the previous bashing) it looked promising.

Personally I'd much rather be told straight either we f'd up or someone else did but we know what's wrong. That way something can be done. Unfortunately we do at the mo have a situation with backups (clients have sites that they update - not my first choice as it's included in their management, so training them to do it was a mistake in this instance).

Over the past 2 years I have lost 2 close family, but I still did keep a handle on business, now I take a back seat and do contract and leave the 'others' to do the work (hopefully).

Not much you can do when a machine dissappears (remeber Jewlzk - yep I seem to pick them) poor Paul didn't know how to tell me when I got back that he couldn't shift everything as cPanel was cancelled a week earlier than the VPS dissappeared.

Shequeita is correct we have a unique problem with getting host records changed (some as yet unexplained reason from the registrars, can't change the 2 main ones for NS entries they have to do it) and it was to save downtime for clients. This unfortunately was a false hope, so I do take a share of the blame (lil bit as I'm still being in the middle :) )

I'm ranting again waiting to find out - so I'll stop this post from me now :D

MTC, a *cough* doesn't answer questions or resolve issues.

To be honest Dan I thnk that a load of the folks are trying to help but have their hands tied.
Access to clients details etc. is a trusted post not to be scattered around, and possibly they don't have the access. No matter how much they would like to help.

And I'm trying my best not to just jump off a tall building after almost 2 weeks of downtime (including the cPanel cancellation before it should have been).

I'm really hacked as I do try to provide a service that is 110% and if I don't have a supplier that can then I fail.

Work feckin hard at it too.

Last edited:
Decker, I was also with JewlZK but got out of there when it began to go downhill and moved to GS. From then until now I have had zero complaints. Ok I jumped down GS throats once or twice about issues but that has to be done too.
I also work hard to provide a quality service and have yet to lay down and take a beating. What I am saying is, if the provider is going down hill and is doing very little to fix it, then maybe you should move on.
I understand what you are saying about the guys being limited on what they can do but my argument there is, what the feck are they being hired and paid for?

I knew that would hit a nerve - I do agree, and we've had a bit of a 'discussion' about it :wink2: regardless I still need to get the where the hell has it gone part sorted out, with other issues. Before Monday when I have to take the barrage of missing everything (and many e-mails just gone into the ether, that's a big one as the number of phone calls I've had to make costing a fair few quid to try and sate rather than mail, expensive phone calls).

6 days and over 6 hours (7 days before that cPanel was cancelled prematurely too) with nothing done yet on a critical level support ticket, last response 2 days 8 hours ago.

I have a nother day of explainations to do and an appointment at cardiology (really I do have an appointment there, that should show some results!) to look forward too.

Part of the last response;
More than likely they canceled the VPS early from what i am seeing. As far as the issue in regards to the PayPal dispute that will have to be settled by Shequeita when she comes on a little later today.
So it was cancelled early as the evidence I have suggests and so far nothing done about the second part of that - the dispute doesn't even have a response added.

Basically I just want the latest backups now (and the refund - the advance echeque wasn't cancelled by GR as requested either, seemingly you can't cancel an echeque even though the PP help says you can, it has to be the recipient that does that, info from a response from PP this morning).

I had better hopes for GeekRack, but this one seems unrecoverable and all too much like other situations where I have misplaced faith.

Last edited:
I can tell you Decker mate, you have a lot more patience than I have to even be waiting for a satisfactory result this long. My limit would be 2 days of downtime and I would be moving.

There is a reason - one client in particular had just updated their sales db (not done through cPanel but script), and as is the way they didn't back it up when done (even though there's a neat little button for that). Thta aside the cron job should have picked it up that night ---- but, catch 22 can't access the backups even, so I would have days and days of work to try and recover that and all the time they're down and not able to sell. I'm not loving the options at the moment.

But if you don't access tickets how could you help :wink2: (and I never use IM's for anything business).

Sheq needs some 2nd/3rd line support help that is allowed to do the job. Meaning access.

MTC, a *cough* doesn't answer questions or resolve issues.

in other words, i HAVE access to all the tickets, and i HAVE access to do anything needed for any account. also, there is a direct support number posted on my MSN, so, that is why i said to check my MSN to get my number and extension so i could help him.

at this point, if Shequeita is helping him though, then i am going to just have her finish helping him since she only knows all she has done as of yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back