• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Anyone from Geekrack listening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How could I find out? I wasn't the client, no NYNOC account details to quote, did Geekrack ask? Last report I have is that it had all been deleted.

im not sure, and as stated before, i am no longer with them. if you get on MSN ever, you might be able to get Shequeita and see if she knows. that would be your best bet at reaching her TBO, or, you can try her email.
grmail.php

**EDIT**
huh, guess dynamic images dont work on fws anymore? oh well, click the link to get the email.

Last edited:
im not sure, and as stated before, i am no longer with them. if you get on MSN ever, you might be able to get Shequeita and see if she knows. that would be your best bet at reaching her TBO, or, you can try her email. http://mct-hosting.com/gr/grmail.php?email=shequeita

Hmm so I don't use IM's outside GTalk and previous e-mail not answered, so I'd estimate a chance of sucess at around 0% of getting a reply.

Honestly, day #25 of this mess and she can't answer ticket (now gone missing)/mail (never even one response)/post (speaks for itself, this thread) left dealing origionally with NYNOC till after their cutoff period, you recon there is any point?

Shequeita should be answering for herself (she visited FWS Wednesday -
Last Activity: April 23rd, 2008 07:31 ), and more info just in this morning that makes it even more firm a case for legal action, from more disgruntled ex-employees (alledgedly).

Guys - sadly I think you are barking up a dead tree on the data issue.

In an effort to help I asked Shequeita if there was any data available still. She got on to the dc and then got back to me and told me it had been terminated.

Just to double check I then went to the dc personally and asked:
http://thenynoc.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13

I then emailed Decker personally informing him of this. I hate being the bearer of bad news but I thought I owed it to him to tell him outright.

Sorry :(
Hugo

True Hugo you did and it is greatly appreciated, only straight answer I got.

I had stated in the ticket that not only the VPS had gone but the whole node had, which would mean Shequeita had a chance to call them out on the termination issue as it had gone completely before the stated timescale & was never put into the suspended state it should have been.

So I do still recognise that the NYNOC is at fault for that, unless this had already been communicated to Shequeita that this was going to happen, this fact has never been discovered, as no communication regarding suspension/termination of the NYNOC VPS has ever been received by us.

One of the problems Decker you may have and the reason she is not speaking to you is you are threaten a lawsuit.. When that happens normally each party will stop communicating.

Maybe -- just maybe and I don't know-- if you remove the lawsuit threat -- she would be inclined to communicate.

Lawyers would have given her that advise.

Believe I am believe you have a right to sue-- and you should.

Thanks,
Adam

One of the problems Decker you may have and the reason she is not speaking to you is you are threaten a lawsuit.. When that happens normally each party will stop communicating.

Maybe -- just maybe and I don't know-- if you remove the lawsuit threat -- she would be inclined to communicate.

Lawyers would have given her that advise.

Believe I am believe you have a right to sue-- and you should.

Thanks,
Adam

What's there to discuss? His VPS is gone and all Data is gone. There's nothing to discuss only in court.

He was wondering why they are not answering.. I am on Decker's side here.. I am just giving a reason why they are not responding.

I know all information is gone.. I was stating what he could do if he wanted to get a response.

Dan - jumping down the wrong throat.. Take a pill..

Adam

He was wondering why they are not answering.. I am on Decker's side here.. I am just giving a reason why they are not responding.

I know all information is gone.. I was stating what he could do if he wanted to get a response.

Dan - jumping down the wrong throat.. Take a pill..

Adam

I'm not jumping down your throat lol :beer:
I am simply stating there is nothing to discuss rather than compensation or legal issues.

One of the problems Decker you may have and the reason she is not speaking to you is you are threaten a lawsuit

Communication stopped long before that Adam, in fact it never got off the ground.

I think most would agree it's a case of 'if I ignore it it will go away' - this ones like the proverbial bad smell, it won't go away! :devious2:

And to be honest the longer it takes the higher the bill, as it counts up every day...

P.S. anyone seen Craig?

Last edited:
Like I said you should sue..

Maybe if there were more people in the same situation with them -- you can have a classaction lawsuit.. it would add more weight to your case.

Thanks,
Adam

If others are prepared to come forward they can add, only if they have definitive proof, as it will be tried in the US geography won't matter for most, although there would be some exclusions to being allowed to be included.

Day #25 - guess, you won't be wrong!

Quick update

Anyone from Geekrack listening?
Posts 234
Views 5,323

TheHosted
Posts 70
Views 1,135

And my sig stays until they ask nicely. That adds another 8,200 Google results...

Decker,

Once again i will ask you to contact me i have provided you with contact information in this very thread before and you have yet to contact me to see if we could get things worked out or see what the next move for both parties involved would be.

In an additional effort to get this matter resolved, i will again ask that you contact me via email so that we can get this issue resolved.

I will add we do not have your data nor have access to any of this information. As per our Terms Of Service we are not liable for any data loss that may occur. This is a industry wide standard that is practiced by many hosts within the industry today. I can assure you that we have not violated any US Trade or Tax laws. Geek Rack is a fully registered Limited Liability Company as well as registered with the IRS.

I will ask you AGAIN to contact me so that we can get this handled for you. Hopefully i will hear from you soon in regards to this matter.

I do believe on the 18th you were relayed a message to get back to me to discuss resolving this as you wouldn't return any communication, and in fact had to have it relayed through a third party rather than dealing direct Shequeita.

You have my details, no more questions only suggestions at the basic level at least to start with should be your only communication topic.

I will add we do not have your data nor have access to any of this information. As per our Terms Of Service we are not liable for any data loss that may occur. This is a industry wide standard that is practiced by many hosts within the industry today.

If the company or service in question is the cause of the loss, whereas I see that Geek Rack has been, then you are fully responsible for the loss of said Data.

Unless stated in the Terms of Service or any other legal document that Decker, Hereby called ("The Client", "Client", "Customer", "Decker") has agreed to upon signing up with GeekRack.

I am not sure if GeekRack has a clause in their terms of service that indemnifies them from any data loss etc.. It is common for hosts to include such a clause for situations such as these.

Best of luck Decker and GeekRack. Hope you guys get it sorted out as this thread is started to be a little long.

This is thrashing a dead rag. Decker, shequeita has given you the green light to contact her directly, so that you can approach an appropriate resolution or redemption outside of a public forum (which is evidently not suitable for the more significant details of said settlement/resolution).

If you'd like my advice I think you should jump at this chance, as nobody likes a lengthy court resolution if they can possibly avoid it. I hope this is the light at the end of the proverbial tunnel man ;) and wish you well with it.

If you need any more help on this issue (even though I don't work for GR anymore) or want access to that server I offered you, then you know where to find me. :)

Hugo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back