• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Auto Zone

foo2thabar

NLC
Why . . . . . .how could you . . . . . . how could you just turn into Ricer Zone in a split second . . . . . . . . WHY :crysad:

I can't believe they're done such a horrible, horrible thing.

(By now you're probably wondering why, huh?)

Just look at this picture. It explains itself. :crysad:

coolcar1.jpg

Ugh, seems they're now trying to push street racing as 'mainstream'.

I dunno how many of you have seen the 'Civic Nation' commercial, but I find it absolutely disgusting.
Features hundreds of tricked out Honda cars cruising down the road, and that's it. And at the end of the commercial it says "Civic Nation. Represent"

I don't like this one bit, I don't think street racing is cool whatsoever.
Take for instance the case in Vancouver where two East Indian immigrants ran down an innocent pedestrian while street racing, and all they got was house arrest.
And yet honda is pushing something so awful.
They should be ashamed. :rolleyes: :mad:

Yes, street racing is bad. That Honda commercial is promoting it. I don't care if someone wants to race their car, but go do it on a drag strip, not somewhere where innocent drivers/pedestrians can get hurt.

My neighbour (Asian) has a black Integra with a massive aluminum spoiler on the back. And the black lighting, and everything.

Yeah, Honda is really pushing street racing, and I personally don't think that they should be able to get away with it.

It sickens me greatly to see Honda doing this, knowing very well that people have lost their lives due to street racing.

I had a friend get her car totalled and have to go to hospital and physiotherapy because she got mowed over buy street racers. They got their licenses revoked, which is good, but my friend had her 2000 Grand Prix destroyed, and she has chronic neck and back pain because of street racing. I agree, street racing is horrible, and I also think owning a tricked out Civic is kinda lame. And yeah, I've seen that commercial, and I thought it was the stupidest piece of advertising I have ever seen.

Ohhh... but the yellow paint and huge spoiler must make it go at least 35 MPH faster!!1 :rolleyes:

Kev, not sure what you guys up there have, but AutoZone is like a car repair shop type thing.

http://autozone.com <-- Hey, the car is even on the front page.

Ick. If I won that, I'd sell it and buy someting worth owning that isn't an embarassment to drive. I'm sure I could sell it to a high school kid that had rich parents for loads of money. Then I'd buy an old truck... Like a '73 Chevy, put a 454 big block in it, lift it till you can change the oil standing up, put 44's on it, paint it gloss black, and then I'd go park on the car I sold to buy it, take a picture, and mail it to Autozone.

Maybe it's just me,but I love street racing. Of course, we do it on the highways late at night. If you're walking in/on/across a highway at that time of night, then something is wrong with you. Never had an accident either...

Originally posted by Webdude
Maybe it's just me,but I love street racing. Of course, we do it on the highways late at night. If you're walking in/on/across a highway at that time of night, then something is wrong with you. Never had an accident either...
It's cool watching street races. Here in alexandria, I was coming back from a movie late at night and there was a street racing event. Plenty of ricers (but they werent racing, waddaya know?), but they had some good and actually quick cars there too. I remember seeing a classic impala tearing up the street.

Well, the cars in the Civic commercial aren't street racing, they just look like (and are) the kinds of cars that do street race. They are actually just crawling down a street very slowly, about 100 or so of them down about a 6 lane steet late at night in downtown Toronto.

URGH! That car is AWFUL looking. I wouldn't even bother selling it...I'd have some fun smashing it to peices.

Originally posted by notnamed
URGH! That car is AWFUL looking. I wouldn't even bother selling it...I'd have some fun smashing it to peices.
I'd sell it to a ricer. You know all that extra weight from the body kit and 70-foot spoiler that looks like it came from a boeing 747 have to slow it down.

Another thing that gets me. It has a rear spoiler yet it's front wheel drive. Interesting, eh?

Originally posted by Canuckkev
Well, the cars in the Civic commercial aren't street racing, they just look like (and are) the kinds of cars that do street race. They are actually just crawling down a street very slowly, about 100 or so of them down about a 6 lane steet late at night in downtown Toronto.
Yes, I know they are not street racing, but the commercial is meant to promote street racing. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Ben
Another thing that gets me. It has a rear spoiler yet it's front wheel drive. Interesting, eh?

Yeah, I bring this up with my ricer friends all the time. Why do they need downforce on their rear wheels in a front-wheel drive car? They all claim it helps them to "stop fish-tailing" on curves. Suuuure.... it's pointless.

Back