• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Best CMS ?

Wordpress, Textpattern FTW.

Can't really call Wordpress a CMS, more a blogging tool.

---------

I'm going to learn Joomla, since we want to use that as a CMS for our company .. Have been testing a bit with it, so I would say Joomla.

It's a bit hard to learn in the beginning, since it has it's own little world that they work in ... but once you figured that world out, and know the basics of building a template yourself you can do tons of things with it.

And the possibilities are endless with it, like others already pointed out. there are loads of add-ons to get for it ...

Plus, a huge advantage on my side was, that the installation was so easy. Literally one click here and there, and done! It's not always that a huge script such as Joomla has a really easy installation to go with it.

Love,
Mirna

Joomla all the way.
Even 1.0.x can be completely secured with a few plugins that are available from the Joomla Extensions site.

I just recently tried Joomla again, and discovered I don't like it.

Few reasons:
- Overly complicated
- It's too bloated.

With all the features it now includes I think you can most definitely call Wordpress a cms, and because it has such an active dev community, and is INCREDIBLY easy to use, it gets my vote ;)

mkportal....is the worst thing to recommend. i love joomla, wordpress . i am a php programmer so i just put these things together and make mine. joomla offers a big site with over thousands of nice extensions which i love.

Back