• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Best FREE forum software for customer support?

Darknight

Premium
Premium Member
NLC
Ill just clear this up too its not a Free host there wont be any post2host

So, anyone have ideas on the best software excluding phpBB (I hate it) for hosting support?:beer:

I've never had a problem with SMF, and I think it's more professional than MyBB or even, vBulletin.

I used phpBB for awhile, but they're user database is way too big compared to their support team. It usually takes 48+ hours to get support on something, even if urgent.

I think phpBB is better. I've used phpbb all the time and can't stand forums that run SMF. myBB is fine but SMF just doesn't work with me.

I like PhpBB because it has many MOD's to make it better, It is easy to use and most people know how to post with it. Out of all forums i think PhpBB for free and VB for paid.

Thats the way to go!

Have a looking in Fantastico, you are sure to find what you need. What about IPB 1.3 Last free version, If you can get it

Have a looking in Fantastico, you are sure to find what you need. What about IPB 1.3 Last free version, If you can get it

IPB 1.3 is very unstable, and even with the latest upgrades, still not safe for public use. We no longer offer IPB 1.3 for that reason.

MyBB all the way bud.
It's free, easy to install, easy to use, easy to upgrade, easy to modify etc.
Go for it.

Youre right 2.2 owns, but for support ( if you were going payed which you arent :) ) people seem to prefer vB i suppose the two attract different markets, anyway for free i would have to say MyBB, maybe phpbb if you install the right skin and mods, but you really do have to get it right :)

I find SMF to be a little to simple really

Back