• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Best Media Player?

Which One's Best?

• Windows Media Player

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • RealPlayer

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • iTunes

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • WinAMP

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • VLC

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters

AdamJ

When's 1999?
NLC
Hi guys, wondering if you could give me some recommendations.

I'm currently going through a phase where I'm testing a lot of software to see which is the best, writing reviews on them, and using the best one on my PC. I was wondering if you could recommend me a good Media Player, simple thing, it must be able to play .mp3 & .wmv's, oh and it must be able to be used on Windows Vista!

I've added a poll with the main ones I can think of, but others are accepted :)

I've always used Windows Media Player just because it plays nice with everything else I own. It burns CDs, syncs with my phone, talks to my Zune and its library is well put together. It's also the only one I could get to work with my laptop's front media button things. It's sometimes a memory hog, but with a decent system that's not so much a problem.

VLC is the only other one on that list I have installed. If WMP can't play something, VLC can.

iTunes for everything music; WMP for everything else; and VLC for everything that won't work in WMP (sometimes videos are poorly encoded and WMP only likes to play the audio.. in which case I'd use VLC).

It never clicked RealPlayer and VLC, only VLC was voted.
I've always used RP and VLC on the odd occasion.
I've used SonicStage a few times before, but it's not worth using alot.

Thanks guys :) I'm currently whoring iTunes, love it, perfect program. Will check out VLC asap!

iTunes takes up too much CPU resources. It lags my computer and I have a 2.0GHz dual core + 2GB RAM. If I didn't have my iPod I would uninstall it right away.

I would go with VLC. :)

iTunes takes up too much CPU resources. It lags my computer and I have a 2.0GHz dual core + 2GB RAM. If I didn't have my iPod I would uninstall it right away.

I would go with VLC. :)

My iTunes is currently only using 55mb RAM.

And btw, if you really do hate iTunes, there are other 3rd party music apps that are compatiable with iPod.

I had used real player and winamp, they are good, but i just prefer windows media player, cause it uses less resources,and it works for what i want....play music xD

VLC would play a piece of toast if my hard drive would recognize it as data.

seriously.... It's insane.

I used to use Winamp because WMP loaded too slow, but I watch a lot of videos on my computer... :angel: and they've been loading slowly, and don't like it when I skip around.

I voted VLC.

Oh Calvin, you reminded me of that! I used to always use that for videos on XP Home, so easy on the RAM, and so quick, shame its not in Vista :( Bloody "Windows Media Player for Vista"

I use VLC because it's the only media player I know that has a proper sound normalizer. Sometimes I even need to open mp3 files with it.

All I really need in Windows Media Player with that Cole2k.net Advanced Codec package (since the codec package comes with DivX, haali media splitter, ffmpeg, ffdshow and more.)

Ain't I a square? No seriously, this allows me to play DVDs and stuff without bothering to install a new program.

In Linux: XMMS 2.

Ah yes, good old media player that resembles Winamp. :p I used to use it in Fedora Core. Then, I fixed Amarok, and thats all I use.

Back