• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Best software for web designing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only one that I use is notepad++. Great text editor from Sourceforge. If you want WYSIWYG software you may try Dreamweaver. IMO it is better to learn how to design web pages with notepad++ or similar text editors.

Nothing is best along.

I'd say,
* Notepad++ for editing.
* Dreamweaver for designing.
* Firefox web developer toolbar for investigating.

I prefer Dreamweaver for editing as well as some visual edits and structuring.

There is a ton of software out there to assist in editing, I use to fancy Notepad for editing code but have become hooked on code being colorized... it makes things much easier to deal with, especially since efficiency is key with a large volume of code to update/create, etc. IMO.

best web design software

I have done both Dreamweaver is the beast one from adobe but if you go all manual typing up a web site Notepad. But I would rather use dreamweaver

if you look for a Free one use NVU.. Otherwise Macromedia Dreamwaver is powerful tool, you will need also to use photoshop or Gimp for photos and such things, you can also make a great design with Photoshop but you will have to learn about PSD to HTML Conversion.. Goodluck

For design or web design, probably Photoshop and Illustrator or Fireworks. But for coding the design into actual web pages / layout in HTML and CSS, I use Dreamweaver and MS Expression Web.

The latest edition on Dreamweaver has some VERY useful tools for CSS/Javascript and PHP developing.

I myself use Photoshop CS 5 for designing.

I have ceased working with Flash, as it is much depreciated from the point of view of SEO.

The setup I use is:

Designing
- Adobe Photoshop CS3
- Adobe Fireworks CS3
- Pixelmator

Coding
- Coda
- Adobe DreamWeaver CS4

Avoid Flash at all costs, not because I'm on a Mac, but because it's just useless now that we have HTML5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back